Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Jan 2018

2.8

Associate Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I was disappointed with the interview process. After two interviews and a interview with a technical director, I was informed that the position had been downgraded and the salary number was way lower than expected. After several emails back and forth, I was informed that the original position had already been filled and they were offering me a position on the product team. They were not forthright with this information and I was insulted by the process.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

talked with a bunch of kids who knew nothing about logistics. they only recited from college study guides. or cliff-notes. the recruiter allowed me to cheat and gave me the 1 hour study case 1 week in advance. no doubt greg told her to do this.

Interview Questions

• my region talked so much he forgot to ask questions. he rattled on about the company. he runs his mouth and forgets to have a dialogue. very annoying and he was like this my entire time there.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was very nice and supportive. When I struggled with part of the case question, he helped guide me to the right answer. However, they took longer than expected to get back to me after the interview process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Started with general introduction and then with behavioral and technical question, first interview with HR then senior data manager followed up by the SQL specialist, overall interview duration was 1hr 45 min

Analyst Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me over LinkedIn as I was not actively looking at the time. I did one phone screen, a one hour case study, and then five hours meeting six people at their offices in Boston, MA. Interview questions were behavioral in nature, with a few math related questions. It was unclear what they were looking for. Recruiter paraded me around the office, where I got some weird looks from current employees. I though the interview itself went exceedingly well, but ended up not getting an offer. The recruiter sent a generic email thanking me for the time but refused to offer feedback in a timely manner. I felt led on and that they were wasting my time. I would not recommend people interview here.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

An interviewer found me on job portal and scheduled 45 mins screening. Next week was one hour coding pad interview. They called me onsite which consist of two coding interviews of 90 mins each with coding pad and one managerial round.

Interview Questions

• I feel like they wasted my time. They have two 90 mins coding rounds. After executing the code on their coding pad, their feedback was my experience didn’t align with their business. This was also after they told me they mostly hire freshers. Salary expectations should be discussed during the first screening and shouldn’t be a dealbreaker at the end.Lastly, my interviewer was working on his laptop while taking the interview and not paying much attention and asking the same questions again.   Answer Question

Program Manager, Global Onboarding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharon, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Sharon, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a bad experience with a phone interview. 1. The interviewer was awkward and not professional. Lots of repeating herself “cool,cool’s” and “um’s” 2. Even though the experience was weird she said she “just needed to update the hiring manager” and then I’d hear back from her by the end of the day.
    I thought it was weird to give someone a timeframe of a couple hours. It turns out I was right. I didn’t hear back from her. I wrote a thank you note and didn’t get a response until the end of the following business day. She apologized for the delay and said I would hear from her soon.
    She revealed the identity of the hiring manager, the manager’s background and how long she’d been at Wayfair. I took this to signal I would get an in person interview because it seemed strange to share such detailed information if I wasn’t.
    Late Friday afternoon I received a canned email saying I wasn’t getting an opportunity for an in person interview.

Did I not get an interview because the hiring manager didn’t trust the recruiter?
    That’s not fair and it’s not professional of the HR team.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Applied through school website and was contacted by campus recruiting after a few weeks. First round was a skype interview with a pretty simple business case. The second round had a role-specific case portion and a behavioral portion. I had a very positive experience with the interviews themselves as the interviewers were all extremely friendly and helpful. However, the actual campus recruiter I worked with was extremely unresponsive, somewhat rude, and would not confirm any scheduling until I emailed her and other recruiters multiple times. Overall, it seems like a good company but with an understaffed HR.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, typical behavioral questions about teamwork, leadership, problem-solving, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by email to set up a time to speak. After the initial interview, where we went through my resume, and questions like: "why wayfair"? an "why did you apply to this role"? she told me that next steps would be another phone interview to go through a case. We set up a call for the following week. Be prepared to understand conversion, margin, and figure out if the recommendation to make certain strategic decisions is actually a good one. Talk it all out - they want to understand your though process. The next step was another phone interview with a Director. During this call be prepared to give specific examples specific to your experience. They want to hear numbers and clear process examples that showcase how you handled a certain problem/scenario. Afterwards, I was asked to come in for an interview. It lasted 3 hours and was with a total of 6 people. Prior to you coming in, your recruiter will tell you how the interview will be set up and what type of questions you should be prepared to answer - some will be behavioral, leadership, and case... case will be similar to the one you did over the phone, only this time you will have 2 people sitting in front of you and you will need to talk about how you would go about solving the problem. The process is tedious and extremely long. Meeting with 6 people (4 total interviews, with 2 of them having 2 people sitting in) for a role in which they couldn't even meet my salary requirements of $100K (it's mid-level management position!), seemed like overkill. I have gone through this type of an interview process, but the pay was higher and the company was a consulting firm! Wayfair is trying to create the elusion that it's a very "high end and picky" company that gets the best of the best through its doors, but the reality is that you will be grossly underpaid and be crammed onto a floor that will be full of fresh undergrad graduates. I think this is a great company for someone who is just starting out their career, but honestly, I don't think they're not on the industry level for pay (equity doesn't make up for the bottom line, something that's needed for people to live and afford to live in Boston... maybe they should create a case study for their HR department to figure out how grossly underpaid their employees are).

Overall, I think that unless you like a riding environment where you need to go through the process of checking off boxes, rather than be privy to thought leadership or creativity - then this is a great place for you. However, if you're looking for autonomy, creativity, and higher pay, I'd think twice about applying here.

It was great to go through the interview process, but it proved to me that the company is trying to overcompensate for other weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• How is this product category different from the others (review margin, click rates, conversions and etc)? Understand why some are performing better than others.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

On campus interview, short case study. After making it past that round was invited to a super day. Super day at HQ consisted of a tour, three business cases, and a Q&A with current staff.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.