Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,151 of over 2.2K interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Wayfair

Application

I interviewed at Wayfair

Interview

Asked standard questions, then asked the below "case" question, which is not a case, and is entirely unrelated to the role. No other questions were asked, and the only feedback given was that the "case" question was not answered correctly.

Interview Questions
  • There are 100 light bulbs lined up in a row in a long room. Each bulb has its own switch and is currently switched off. The room has an entry door and an exit door. There are 100 people lined up outside the entry door. Each bulb is numbered consecutively from 1 to 100. So is each person. Person No. 1 enters the room, switches on every bulb, and exits. Person No. 2 enters and flips the switch on every second bulb (turning off bulbs 2, 4, 6...). Person No. 3 enters and flips the switch on every third bulb (changing the state on bulbs 3, 6, 9...). This continues until all 100 people have passed through the room. How many of the light bulbs are illuminated after the 100th person has passed through the room?
    Answer Question
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Wayfair (New York, NY)

Interview

HR contacted via LinkedIn. Had HR call, HR sounded disinterested and would talk too fast to keep up, like reading a script. Moved forward to Karat Video interviews. scheduled a video interview, was assigned a interviewer which changed on the day of interview. Video interview has lengthy questions where most time goes in the interviewer just reading the question whole. you have 2 mins per question to answer. Coding task was LC easy-medium (follow up). Coded both. never got feedback. got a survey for interview experience which gives coupons on completion for their own website. WOW!! Overall felt a waste of time. Also the disinterested HR didn't even knew when my Karat interview happened.

Interview Questions
  • SD questions and coding LC easy-medium. Karat interviewing system lags multiple times in the process of interview. Felt giving like giving interview to a robot.
1 person found this interview helpful

Wayfair

Application

I interviewed at Wayfair

Interview

1 round task- divided into 3 tasks 1 task- SQL queries 2 task- business acumen 3 task insights from data, 2 round hr interview 3 round situational interview 4 round behavioural questions then team meeting , offer letter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wayfair

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair

Interview

I had two phone calls (1) with the recruiter and (2) with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty typical (5) minutes about them, (5) minutes about me, (~25/30) minutes about management experience and technical experience, and a few minutes for questions. The company said they would not be moving forward, but the recruiter reached out and offered feedback, which was amazing. Based on the feedback, I'm surprised they did not want to move forward with me, but that's okay - it was just nice to understand what the interviewer's experience of our interview was like. The hiring manager had clearly been interviewing a lot - he seemed immediately anxious to get through the intro. As I understand it, the pros were (1) Appeared technically strong (2) Liked the mix of IC and leading and (3) Customer and delivery focused - the cons were (1) Had a limited interaction with product team - could be company dynamic and (2) Letting someone go over personality differences (manager technique). I can't say how great it was to (1) get feedback from the recruiter quickly and (2) receive verbatim notes from the hiring manager. It will be very helpful in the interviews I have going forward.

Wayfair

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair

Interview

First Interview: Phone Interview, very relaxed and conversational. Second Interview: Zoom Call, less relaxed. Study up on the role play prompt. Read all of the materials they provide you at least an hour before.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Called by recruiter that lasted about one hour. She went on and on with discussing the company, it sounded like they are having a tough time attracting people, perhaps the bad work-life balance. She kept giving me the run around when i asked about hybrid or remote days. I saw this as a red flag, as someone who keeps avoiding a simple yes or no question. I withdrew within 2 min of the call, and then they send me an email about how they are no longer considering me. No #### Sherlock! Avoid at all costs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Berlin) in Jul 2021

Interview

This is the most shocking and the most terrible experience I have had during my job search by far. Phone interview followed online coding test followed by interview with the manager and a panel that lasts more than 2 hours. I cannot think of anything negative that happened. Even the manager told me that it is not expected for someone like me with my qualifications to remain unemployed for more than 6 months. Well, guess what? It is because of people like you. I got a rejection mail while I was looking online planning to move to Berlin waiting for an obvious offer. How can I suggest anyone to apply knowing what they will go through? Interviewing for several days, severals hours just to have your dreams crushed! That's right! I do not! There has to be another reason for this. I leave it to your imagination. I will talk to a recruiter for feedback next week. Edit: Just got off the phone with the recruiter. She explained the reason for the rejection: Apparently, I have good analytical and critical thinking skills but failed to communicate and explain examples. Her exact words. So I can explain myself when we talk about a problem which requires analytical skills but I cannot explain examples. Makes sense.

Interview Questions
  • Manhattan distance. Simple Python coding questions with pandas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Berlin) in Jul 2021

Interview

Es wurde nach erfahrung im Kundenservice gefragt und ob man mit Targeting gearbeitet. Auf den Lebenslauf wurde nicht eingegangen und es wurden keine Fragen dazu gestellt. Die Testergenisse lagen dem Recruiter auch nicht vor.

Interview Questions
  • Es wurde gefragt ob man schon mal mit Targets gearbeiten hat

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I applied for the internal position and was scheduled within about 2 or 3 weeks of my application. I interviewed remotely, through Google Video and spoke with two managers from the Replacement Parts team. I was told I could expect a follow-up from the Recruiter within a few days.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you faced a challenging customer; what was a time when you faced difficulty communicating with an employee or stakeholder; describe a time you discovered a knowledge gap

Wayfair

Application

I interviewed at Wayfair

Interview

Video call with Interviewer and tested System Design and Coding round. In System Design he asked about a different couple of situations and asked me to fix the problem in their current situation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,151 Interviews