Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2017

2.8

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. A "best in class" recruiting function that can't fill their own recruiting jobs? Maybe Wayfair should stop having every agency e-mail blast every single remotely qualified TA person in the greater Boston area. I continue to get spammed by countless agencies. Every month a new one.

It's not the agencies that can't fill your jobs... it's you! You're killing your brand!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then a few weeks later had an in person interview. I was given a tour of the office and then had a 30 minute interview. I was interviewed by more than one person and it was panel styled. It was intimidating but nothing I was asked was too difficult. My only complaint was that when I walked in I had to check in with the receptionist. I told her I had an interview and she looked up at me and said "Sh*t." She didn't say hi. After swearing at me she confirmed my interview and just told me to take a seat, it was weird. Overall it was a smooth interview process and they got back to me quickly.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a competitive person?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest work accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • By looking at your resume, what sets you apart from other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Wayfair Labs - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

There was an initial phone call with a recruiter, followed by an online and timed technical test, followed by another similar technical test where an in-house programmer followed along from their end. It was a positive experience all around.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a programming task I have been assigned in the past and how I accomplished it.   Answer Question

Carrier Performance Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 days for a phone screen. Initial phone screen discussed basic qualifications and the company. About a week later another phone screen was scheduled with a "senior" manager. The manager first advised that she did not have a copy of my resume and began asking questions relating to an analyst role, even asking if I had programming experience. This was for a management role but no questions were asked in regards to those skills. Senior manager was cold and quite awkward. I received a rejection email a few days later. I'm the future please advertise roles for what they are, don't ask for management/transportation experience if you are simply looking for an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Do you have programming experience? (No as I did not apply for this type of position and my qualifications/experience were discussed during the initial phone screen)   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

It is a phone interview. They ask about behavior questions and then go through the projects you did. Questions include Why data science? Why pricing algorithm team? Describe the project.

Interview Questions

• Why data science? Why pricing algorithm team? Describe the project.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (South Portland, ME (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for b2b sales position in Brunswick Maine. Simple online system to schedule an initial phone interview. Simple enough. Got several reminder e-mails. At time of call waited.....and waited....and finally 20 minutes later the phone rings. Total disrespect. I had a finite amount of time, so we had to keep things brief. After a few minutes she revealed the salary, which was pitiful. very unorganized and unprofessional. I am glad I did not invest any major amount of time.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my app on 9/27 and received a follow-up email 5 days latter requesting a phone interview. After completing the initial phone screen, I was invited for an on-site interview where I met not only the recruiting team lead (whom I did the phone screen with), but other team leads/managers in the Talent Acquisition Department. I had a final round phone screen with the Senior Associate in Talent Acquisition since I was unable to meet him during my on-site interview. Less than 10 minutes after the last phone screen I was contacted to schedule a follow-up and given an offer 4 hours later. The on-site interview process was a great opportunity to chat and connect with the team face to face. It was also really nice to get a peek inside the office and culture of Wayfair.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Supplier Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter was quick to get back to me. Phone screen and then 2 rounds of in person. The in person interview was a little intense as you meet with different managers from different teams and they assess where you would fit best.

Product Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First, a phone call with HR. Then a phone call with a hiring manager. Then I went in for an in person round with 4 different people. There were two case study interviews, and two fit/skills/leadership/teamwork interviews. The case studies were great thought problems to think through, with some basic math. The other interviews were pretty traditional in scope and types of questions. There was a very quick turnaround, and I had a hiring decision the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to navigate competing priorities or requests from different stakeholders.   Answer Question

Exclusive Brands and Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter and I had a great phone conversation and we set up an in person interview. She said I have strong analytical skills, breezed through the case study, and would fit in with the company's culture. We had a follow up call two days before the in person interview to make sure I was ready. The next day I get a call that the position has been filled. This is unprofessional because I already made arrangements to take the day off from work for the Wayfair interview. I was not even given a chance to demonstrate my skills.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.