Western Digital Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Western Digital Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.9

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

4 - 45 min interviews with different managers stacked back to back in person. They were all from different departments and all asked about different CS, CE and EE topics.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that multiples to integers without using the multiplication symbol   3 Answers
  • Shortest path algorithm between 5 nodes   1 Answer
  • Finite state machines   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in April 2019.

Interview

I first met the recruiter at my school, and she expedited my application process. I then received a coding challenge to complete, which included a lot of logic and hardware questions surprisingly. After completing it, I went on a call with a Verification engineer, which was more behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Call was more behavioral, but coding challenge had a few hardware concepts   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in February 2015.

Interview

Went to our university career fair and submit my resume. After that got an email from one of the engineers. Just one phone call interview with Principle Engineer. Than One with the hiring manager. After that, I was hired.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of four main parts. Being interviewed by a Senior Software Developer was the opening. The interview then progressed into a 1 hour programming test, which tested knowledge on multiple concepts and intricacies. Thirdly, the actual manager came in and provided some interesting metaphors into the professional work life. Fourth, was interviewed by a panel of 3 others.

Interview Questions

• What would you do first if you were asked to design a system to track scores?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Longmont, CO (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Received call from recruiter who asked a few basic questions. Told to expect call in a few days for next steps if I was going to be considered for an interview.
    About five days later got a call to schedule interview for the following week.
    I got sick before the interview. They scheduled me for the last available interview slot/day to give me more time to recover.
    Interview was mostly one-on-one. Four different interviewers, one each hour with two together in one hour.
    I thought I did well in the interview, but later realized I did not "sell" my benefits to the company in a proactive way.
    Received call about a week later telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a conflict between two other people or groups.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is fair but their offer package was not.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between TAG command queuing (SCSI) and NCQ (SATA)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in October 2010.

Interview

Have one-2-one interview with a couple of managers and lunch meeting (not easy to digest) and high management interview

Interview Questions

• Can you do coding feature A, here right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiation but just acecpt or decline the offer you get

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in September 2010.

Interview

Took about a day meeting several people one by one asking related questions

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, waiting time is short.

Interview Questions

• Described the greatest achievement on the area you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in May 2010.

Interview

I met a recruiter at school job fare and he called me to chekc my background.
    He recommend me at one of teams and I had an interview with 6 people for 4.5 hours.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.