Western Digital Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Western Digital Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

3 over the phone interviews over the span of 1 month. first 2 were by Human Resource personnel whilst the last was technical in nature. The first two interviews were about thirty minutes each while the last one was forty five minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through employee referral for internship position for post silicon validation of chips
    Western Digital took only one phone interview for intern position.
    Conveyed decision on the phone on the same day.
    Received offer within few days.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Rochester, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, I talked with the manager for around 15 mins and he asked me bunch of behavior questions as well as some computer based questions.
    I got the offer in 2 days with a good hourly payment.
    HGST at Rochester doesn't provide housing but the housing here in Rochester is really cheap.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions; Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict.
      Data Structure questions   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was 3 interviews 30 minutes each. Two technical interviews and the last one was HR. They ask you basic algorithm questions such count the amount of 1's in a byte. Then you have to write the code on a white board. The first part of the interview was pretty good but the second involved a guy who just talk for the whole 30 minutes about what he does. Didn't ask one question. The last guy just asked basic interview question like "what do you like to do", "why are the best fit for WD". Overall, I wasn't happy with my experience due to the fact that there was a guy in my group that was wearing flip flops and untucked shirt who got the job. He got the job because he knew someone (that's what he told us). I might of not been the best candidate for the job but at least give everyone a fair chance.

Interview Questions

• Q: Count the amount of 1's in a byte   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks from interview to second interview to offer letter by email. Accepted offer letter, went in a did additional paper work with HR and then had a orientation which explained how the entire company works.

Interview Questions

• Ask things specific to the job that needed to be done, explained the job and see if you understand the basics   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.