Western Digital Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Western Digital Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by hiring manager via phone for about 30 minuets. The interview was mostly simple question about my background and different skills listed in my resume. In couple of days I received an email inviting me for a onsite interview. The onsite interview took from 11 AM to 3:00 PM including lunch. Most people were nice and the questions included simple background questions. I was also questioned about the basics of 3D nand memory, how it works, writing and reading cycles and etc. I was able to answer almost all of the questions. However the hiring manager asked me some in depth questions regarding to Reactive ion etching of silicon for high aspect ratio structure which I failed. The interview also included behavioral questions. I did not receive any feedback from the company in a month. So I decided to call and found out they are considering other candidates.

Interview Questions

• In depth RIE question: What is the chemical reaction on reactive ion etching of silicon with SF6? what are challenges in etching deep trenches? What happens to the ions at the interface?
    3D-Nand memory basic question: What is the idea behind going from 2D to 3D? What improvements took place in 2D memories for increasing capacity?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I interviewed at Western Digital (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

A lot of questions about CCA, care about the communication skill, not the technical part.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

2 times of interview by 3 different peoples. Non-stop talking during the interview, need to be pro-active, problem solving and team players.

Interview Questions

• When your boss or senior did some wrong decision, do you dare to correct him?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.