Western Digital Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Western Digital Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.5

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process took 3- 4 weeks. I had applied for the position online. Hiring manager contacted me for phone interview. It was for 30 mins and focused mainly on my experience. After that, hiring manager scheduled video interviews with 8 ppl from his team as there was no chance for onsite interview due to COVID19. Interviews were fairly conducted which covered my technical skillset, problem solving skills and my experience. After one week of the interviews, I had received positive response from hiring manager and HR process followed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in December 2018.

Interview

Phone interview schedule ahead. HR was late for half an hour. Asked some general questions about my background and research. Questions mainly about semiconductor physics. Also about coding with C##

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

9 people interview and lunch talk with the director on the industry and your interests. And you can meet with your top boss. Most interview questions are base on my project, so if you have a good prepared, you will feel easy on that.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

got a phone interview after summit my resume on college career fair one month later, after two weeks, got a on site 9 person one by one interview.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Very professional interview. About 7 individual interviews with the team + a 1hr presentation.The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral like why should we hire you?, What are your strengths/weaknesses?, etc.

The presentation is a very helpful thing. It saves the candidate some time when doing the individual interviews.
    Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• All technical and behavioral questions were expected and easy   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Informed by one of my class lecturer that there's an opening in WD. Send out my resume and receive a phone from hiring manager. He asked some skills and experiences that I have (C,C++,Linux, Control theory) then processed with an on-site interview in San Jose. Interview took half day and I was met with 8 manager + 1 HR. My knowledge about C, C++ programming, servo control theory was deeply tested.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function transfer a char string contains 0-9 into int   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a typical interview process. Recruiter arranged an interview schedule with about 6 people, about 30 minutes person on site. Basically took a whole day. Overall experience was positive.

Negotiation

None

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Fremont, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview and was asked to go to Fremont site 2 days later. I made a 30 min presentation on the interview day about what I have done, then talked to 6 people in 3 hours.
    They mainly focus on the resume and asked several technique questions. Very friendly people and a nice experience. They are in hire freeze now, no offer made yet.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a total of four rounds of interviews. As I got the opportunity during COVID Pandemic, the whole process was conducted over WebEx. The first round was a technical round covering theoretical concepts on C programming, Operating Systems and Data Structures like Stack, Queue. There were questions on Bit Manipulation as well. The second round was also a technical in which I was asked to write two codes, then there were questions on Operating System and Bit Manipulation. And as the role was for Storage background, I was asked questions on NVMe as well. The third round was a managerial round that covered behavioral questions, questions on my current project activities and follow up questions. The fourth round was only for salary discussion.

Interview Questions

• Write a code for deciding if a number is power of two?   1 Answer
    • Write code to reverse a string.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Subang Jaya, Selangor (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Western Digital (Subang Jaya, Selangor (Malaysia)).

Interview

about my working experience about my company, doing computer drive. Am working at Head stack Department. i have experience in Tree Department
    1) Printed Circuit Boards Assembly Department (PCBA)working at SMTT department-give good quality and reduce machine downtime.
    2) Head stack Department (HAS) -Troubleshoot machine tools and solve the machine issues and Carry out scheduled for maintenance the machine tools and improved the tools yield
    3) Precision Solvent Cleaning System (MSC100 and MSC200) - The fully automated MSC-100 and MSC200 is ideal for precision cleaning of disk drive head stack assemblies, complex electromechanical assemblies, or any demanding application where sub-micron particles must be removed and Carry out scheduled for maintenance Weekly PM, Monthly PM and QPM to improved cleanliness. We used HFE 7100DL chemical,

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.