Weta Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Weta Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Weta Digital

2.4

Mocap Tracker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weta Digital (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2020.

Interview

Asked me about my experiences regarding mocap. Mostly asked questions on my myself (my interests, how would I find moving out) to see how I might fit in and if I'll learn/work well!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, regarding mocap.   1 Answer

Junior Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weta Digital in December 2019.

Interview

It was casual, they mostly explained to me what was expected in my role, asked me about my background. I feel like it was mostly to gauge my personality than anything else.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into animation? Are you still passionate about it?   Answer Question

IT Wrangler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weta Digital (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in January 2019.

Interview

The process took around 3 months from my initial application and consisted of two interviews. The first interview was full of pretty generic interview questions like "why do you want to work here?", "Why do you think you will be a good fit for the position" etc.
    The second interview was called a technical interview, though it wasn't all too technical and didn't require problem solving. They just asked about past projects.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my experience as listed on my CV   1 Answer
    • They asked whether I was working on any other projects in my spare time   1 Answer
    • What I like and dislike about different developing languages   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weta Digital in January 2019.

Interview

25 minute Skype interview, starting with a description of entailed responsibilities. Interview was very quick. Referances were requested from minimum 3 supervisors, and they were promptly contacted by email. The questions to the supervisors focused primarily on Team Lead experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of Software Knowledge. Any issues with relocation, and Scripting experience. Critical questions were sent to Referances.   Answer Question

Summer Texture Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weta Digital (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2018.

Interview

Incredibly laggy connection with skype so we had to resort to call on mobile. Even then it was choppy and I could hardly hear their questions, while they could hardly hear my answers.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weta Digital (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was informal. brief and I felt respected. The interviewers were professional and made me feel at ease. There weren't any out of the blue questions and everything was reasonably standard. We met in one of the offices and the whole process took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a runner at Weta?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weta Digital in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and around three days later I got an email for first (screening) interview. The interview was with the management, all nice and friendly mostly talking about my work history.

The next round includes a technical interview with the lead team. There were questions about my work experience and projects, then proceeded to C++ and Python questions, some others about data structures and Threading. I didn't answer all of them to their satisfaction obviously, so I got just one day after this interview an email with the message that „my Skillset was not good enough…“. However, the team was nice enough to tell me a reason why they didn't take my application. At the end I had absolute positive experience with them even failed.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a tuple and a list in Python?   1 Answer
    • Does Python support Multi-Threading?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a Heap and Stack in C++?   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weta Digital (Stuttgart (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

My interviewer is truely a nice and gentle person.
    Though I am still waiting the confirmation of 2nd interview, the entire process of how they schedule and conducting the interview, I am deeply appreciated.

My 1st interview is about all my daily works, past experience. I have adequate time to show what I got, and they are willing to hear all about it.

Interview Questions

• Do you know something about New Zealand?   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weta Digital (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in August 2016.

Interview

Wouldn't work there and wouldn't recommend either

They did not have the basic courtesy to reply back whether they're taking my application further or not (no, it's not optional). Tells a lot about company culture

Interview Questions

• - Behavioural Questions (very cliche) : How would you deal with a difficult person? What are you're strong points ? What are your weaknesses ? What do people like about you? What do they don't like? blah blah and so on..

- A couple of decent technical questions thrown in between to make it look less like a drag   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weta Digital in March 2016.

Interview

I was hunted down at first, had a short email introduction and questionnaire.
    Then a Skype interview where they pulled out all the stops and carrots.
    Then I heard nothing for many months even after emailing to try and find out why everything stalled. Then out of the blue got an email asking if I was still interested and I accepted.
    . After the interview, I had to wait more than a week for my approval.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.