Interview Question

Travel Consultant Interview

-Denver, CO

Travel Beyond Limits

What about travel excites you?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

4 Answers

Everything about travel excites me! I enjoy traveling everywhere, as it’s an opportunity to meet new people, engage in conversation, ask questions and recommendations of places to go, things to do and experience an environment other than my own. I enjoy learning and experiencing the local traditions, food and spirit of those that live where I am visiting. Every time I travel, I bring a journal with me. At the end of the evening, I love to sit outside and write about what I have experienced, where I went and what I did that particular day. When traveling, I document and write everything I can. This allows me to ‘revisit’ and remember how I felt at that time. I’m a life-long learner. I love to read, research, and take the time to read, learn, and have a visual experience to plan accordingly. Most of all, I appreciate the time and opportunity to travel. Because I don’t travel as often as I’d like to, I love staying at resorts as it offers so many options all in one place. I don’t have to ‘live by the clock’ as I do in my everyday life. It’s an opportunity for my mind and body to rest and enjoy the time away from the hustle and bustle of life. As soon as I’m at the location I’m staying, my luggage is in the room, I walk outside and take a deep breath and slowly exhale, which allows me to let go of, and step away from my norm, and take the opportunity and time to just BE.

Anonymous on

Thank you for the opportunity to share why I enjoy traveling. It’s been a pleasure and brought back many happy memories.

Anonymous on

Writing this reminded me of all the trips and vacations I’ve been fortunate to go and experience different cultures, meeting people from around the globe, and often, I return home with contact information from the people I’ve met, and we connect regularly via text and social media. Luxury hotels, resorts and cruises are costly, and we out as much as we can into our ‘VACATION’ jar. Whether a family vacation, a vacation for just my husband and I (we haven’t gone away alone more than 2 days since our honeymoon 18 years ago). I enjoy being near water, smelling the salt of the ocean in the air, a cool breeze on a hot day, feel the sand between my toes and appreciating where I am at that moment. It truly is a gift-a reboot, and reminds me who I am outside of my roles in my day to day life.

Anonymous on

In regards to the question/answer of having anything additional to add. Beyond being grateful for the opportunity to give feedback, I truly believe that traveling to different locations is a learning experience. Traveling and getting away from the rat race allows me to appreciate everything about where I am, and also, it makes me appreciate what I have at home. When the vacation is over and I come back to my reality, I was able to take some time away and relax, listen to myself think (without being interrupted), I FEEL better, and that makes me what to do better and be better in all aspects of my life. I come home relaxed and refreshed, and that affects every aspect of my life in a positive way. I get to share photos, tell stories of how I spent my time, pictures of the new people I meet, the places I stay at and the new things I challenge myself to do-and step out of my comfort zone and just have enough faith in myself to try something new, instead of fearing failure. That is the best gift of all.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.