Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Contact Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

It was a traditional interview—questions about my past experiences and why I wanted to work there. During the interview, I was told the demands of the job, which includes sitting on a chair for long periods of time with a headset on. Contact specialist’s main job is to speak to prospective students who are interested in continuing their education, and to try to encourage each student to follow up with a program coordinator. Many of the leads come from ads so you have to respond through phone or email.

It wasn’t until I met a different supervisor for questioning when things went a little south.
    The supervisor was concerned with longevity—was I going to be in it for the long run? The supervisor had many questions about my long-term goals. I believe the supervisor didn’t want to take a risk on me because I had a strong interest in creative writing. But my hobbies and interests shouldn’t have ruined my chances...but it did, unfortunately.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was asked a few days later to do a one-way video interview. I didn’t think I answered super well but was quickly asked to come in for an in person interview. The UK HR rep was very helpful and accommodating. I drove over 2 hours to Medford, MA for an hour long interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and the Marketing VP. I thought my interview went super well. Received a call the following day from the UK asking for me to have a final round Skype interview with a Director in Oxford. This interview lasted about an hour and once again, I thought I did well. The Director told me I was have an answer the following week so when I heard nothing I followed up with HR. I was hold he didn’t know next steps yet but would reach out when he knew.

The following day the position I applied for in Medford was reposted on LinkedIn. I watched it sit there for almost another month until it was finally removed, so I assume they found their person. I never heard a word from Wiley regarding the position which is irritating considering the amount of time I spent interviewing with them. Then to repost the position and not even let final round candidates know is cold and unprofessional.

Glad to see I’m not the only one who was ghosted by Wiley.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There were around 10 candidates in the same room. A few employees from Wiley came into the room and talked to us about the different opened internship position such as SEO, analyst and design. After their introduction, we had the opportunity to talk to the ones we like individually or in a small group setting, and they called this "the networking session". Then they gave us a tour of the company. After the tour, they told us that we are done and will receive their decision soon.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Bowling Green, KY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The i terview process wasnt bad. They asked for my skills, experience, what i co tribute to the job and my previous experience supervising my previous company. I was also asked during the i terview if i had ever been released from a job

Senior Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

There was a video interview first through a third-party app where you record yourself answering basic questions like why you want to work at Wiley. Some time goes by and I think that's that (I was very awkward in the video) but I get an email from HR saying that they tried to contact me before (I still can't find this contact attempt). I go for an in-person interview with two hiring managers that goes on between the 2-3 hour range, one of the longest interviews I've ever been on. After that, I'm ghosted. It's very unusual to go in for an interview for 2-3 hours and receive no follow-up one way or the other, which is why I'm giving this a negative experience. I hope this is not how they treat their full-time workers.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager not a recruiter to start the process. The hiring manager gave me "homework" before proceeding to the interview. I was to go to a University and ask professors a couple of questions. I understood the purpose of this project and spent the time doing the "homework". The hiring manager invited me to a face to face interview. The first hour was with the Hiring Manager and the second hour was with two colleagues. The colleagues were coming back to Wiley after leaving the company many years ago. That seemed positive that after leaving they would want to come back. The hardest part of the interview was keeping the attention of the two colleagues. They seemed more interested in chatting with each other and would go on tangents. I felt I was in the middle of these two people reconnecting versus being on the interview. When I was leaving the hiring manager told me I was a top candidate but the other person I was up against an internal hire. I heard nothing after that from the hiring manager or anyone in the company. I spent a good amount of time in the college campus, writing a summary of my findings, attending the interviews and you would think a call or email that they went a different direction would have been given. If they were going to go with an internal hire do not post the job externally. Over 8 hours were spent on doing the homework and interviews to not receive a call or email was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about building relationships and sales. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Media Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Straightforward, personable and frank discussion of role, culture and day to day. Looking to see what type of candidate and how management of paid campaigns are viewed from a print/digital perspective.

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Noida (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was smooth however please don't believe on whatever commitments they are doing as these guys have an expertise in breaking their commitments so if u still wants to join try to take everything in writing.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Korolëv, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley (Korolëv, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts: HR questions about my work experience, trial assignment and skype interview with tech lead. The trial assignment is not restricted by the time, but it takes about few hours. The skype interview covered my previous projects and there was technical questions about SQL, Git and concurrency.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between merge and rebase in Git?   Answer Question

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Multiple interviews but when I did my fourth interview in office, they seemed to think I was doing a round 2 interview. Employees seemed anxious and uncomfortable. I was called for a group interview but met with only peers doing the job initially. I was prepared to answer questions, but didn't expect to ask all the questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.