Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Everyone was very nice but I was asked more than once to accommodate a short notice interview. I was also asked if I was married, if I had children and how old my children were by someone in an HR function.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter based in the UK and we set up a phone interview. She went over my basic qualifications and said she would be reaching out to me soon to set up a meeting with the Hiring manager who was based in Medford, MA. I received an email from her within 24 hours asking me if I was available the next day for the second round interview. I asked for some alternative times/dates the next week since it was already Thursday and I had work commitments scheduled. I never heard back from her after that which was unprofessional and left me cold.

Events and Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Plymouth, MN (US)).

Interview

Went through a phone interview first. I did not hear a word until a month later when they said their candidate fell through and would like to have me come in for an interview. They requested me to take their personality test which was an hour long before I came in. I had to take a half day of vacation to go to the first interview. I interviewed with three people one at a time for 45 minutes each. I was told they wanted a second interview even before I had sent my thank you emails. Great at the time. I took another half day of vacation as I had to fit THEIR schedule. I go in again to meet with three people for 45 minutes each. Afterwards, I email the HR person for next steps. I hear NOTHING back. It's been a month. Even my follow-up email went unanswered. Huge waste of time. Very unprofessional of them.

Interview Questions

• The typical: what are your strengths and what are your weaknesses. None of the questions were surprising. Since I interviewed with 6 people separately, I had to repeat my answers at times.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

A preliminary phone call with an internal recruiter, followed by two 1 on 1 interviews, and a PowerPoint presentation in front of a panel. An offer came shortly the third interview/presentation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (North Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Wiley first emailed requesting an online webcam interview as a brief intro interview, followed by face-to-face interview at the Indy location. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall, the experience was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skillsets qualify for this position?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

After a call-back from the UK-based recruiter, an hour-long phone call with the hiring manager, followed by an onsite interview with the Digital Product Management Manager, hiring/direct manager, and UK-based colleague/Sr UX designer

Interview Questions

• How familiar/comfortable are you with front-end coding (HTML, CSS, Javascript)?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)).

Interview

I applied to this role online and heard back from an HR manager about a week later to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen, they really just ask you about your resume and tell them about what you are looking for. About 2 weeks after my phone screen I heard back from HR that I would be moving on to a phone interview with the hiring manager. From there I went to a group/panel/meet the team interview at HQ a week later, for me this was the final stage of interviewing. A week after that interview, HR contacted me to ask for 2 references. Once those came through, I was contacted that I was being extended an offer.

The two final interviews were all behavioral based questions, so I recommend having a few stories from your work/personal experience that you would like to draw upon.

Overall, from my application date to offer the process was a few days shy of 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions mainly about how you added to the team and collaborated with others   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There were around 10 candidates in the same room. A few employees from Wiley came into the room and talked to us about the different opened internship position such as SEO, analyst and design. After their introduction, we had the opportunity to talk to the ones we like individually or in a small group setting, and they called this "the networking session". Then they gave us a tour of the company. After the tour, they told us that we are done and will receive their decision soon.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone call with HR first then phone call with the person who was eventually my manager. If you're in state, an in person interview will most likely happen. Since I was out of state it was just over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Walking through previous experiences, discussing the position, general Q and A at the end   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. That process went well, then was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with three people for about 30-45 each. Conversations went well. I followed up with the recruiter via email and eventually was told I would be contacted the following week for a second round interview. I followed up via email again a few times. After 3 weeks, I was told the recruiter was following up with the hiring manager for next steps. Finally, 2 months after the in person interview, I was told other candidates were more qualified and I was no longer moving forward for the next round. However, if other positions became available ..blah, blah, blah. I don't mind not moving forward if other candidates are more qualified, but why get my hopes up if you're still interviewing candidates? Definitely doesn't make me want to consider any future openings there. Makes me wonder how well they value their employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with your manager and how did you handle it or try to convince him of your opinion?   Answer Question