Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Recruiter Called me about 3 weeks after application, scheduled an on site interview for the next week. Very laid back environment. All questions were basic things on your resume and "tell me about yourself"

Interview Questions

• When I was interviewing with the third person he asked me a lot about accounting that I was not even exposed to   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

There was an application filled in and then 1 month or more later a phone call and then a test of "your personality" -- a predictive index test which they say is "just to find out more about you." Then nothing. Silence. And if you follow up by email...still silence...and if you check in 2 weeks later by phone....still silence and no email or anything else in the way of feedback. Cracks me up. You want someone to give your clients good customer service....and yet, you deliver far short in that area. You and your resume go into a black hole if you are not selected for follow up and it appears you will hear nothing at all either way. So my suggestion: move on even when commencing the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions. Seemed very cookie cutter which actually alarmed me a bit. I figured someone would ask a few "out of the box" thinking questions, but they did not.....how do you plan your day....how do you find new clients...what could you do for us that someone else cannot/did not....   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an agency, and the response was quick. Set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Interviewed with young director of department. Didn't seem to know what she was doing. Did not receive an offer, though skills were aligned with position. Feedback from interviewer was "question answers were too long". Well, someone had to keep the interview going...

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical scenario questions, "how did you handle this situation"   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I had ever been a part of. I had numerous interviews with quite a few levels of managers. I was even interviewed by my peers, which made it a little awkward after the interview. I was offered a salary below fair market value and accepted for the experience.

Interview Questions

• Who is my preferred learning scholar.   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, then with hiring manager. Hiring manager said they would make a decision within the week for next round of interviews, and 3 weeks later, I still haven't heard a thing. I did reach out to the recruiter but didn't receive a response.

Exhibit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

1 interview in person and was hired. About a half hour interview that was with my current boss. Asked about my resume and nothing too challenging. It was pretty laid back and I was definitely overdressed in a suit, but that's what you have to do.

Interview Questions

• Really basic interview just asked about my resume and normal questions   Answer Question

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

From the initial interview with the recruiter to job offer, the process took about 4 weeks. All together I had about 4 phone interview (excluding the recruiter calls) and 3 face-to-face interviews. Each one lasted about 30 minutes and were always followed up my either a phone call or e-mail from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on my resume.   1 Answer

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later received an e-mail wanting to set up a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was standard. They wanted to move me on to the next round, which was in person. A week later I did two 30 minute one-on-one interviews. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The one thing that threw me off was an on the spot "attention to detail" test.

Senior Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

There was a video interview first through a third-party app where you record yourself answering basic questions like why you want to work at Wiley. Some time goes by and I think that's that (I was very awkward in the video) but I get an email from HR saying that they tried to contact me before (I still can't find this contact attempt). I go for an in-person interview with two hiring managers that goes on between the 2-3 hour range, one of the longest interviews I've ever been on. After that, I'm ghosted. It's very unusual to go in for an interview for 2-3 hours and receive no follow-up one way or the other, which is why I'm giving this a negative experience. I hope this is not how they treat their full-time workers.

Senior Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Resume submission, HR interview, manager interview, director interview, vice president interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness, what can you bring to the position, where can you improve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, told my salary and I accepted.