Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Senior Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Resume submission, HR interview, manager interview, director interview, vice president interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness, what can you bring to the position, where can you improve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, told my salary and I accepted.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in April 2017.

Interview

Went through one phone screen with HR recruiter, then one phone interview with hiring manager. Both the hiring manager and recruiter were knowledgeable about the company and the position. Each seemed to go well and was very promising, then shortly after learned I was not moving forward in the process. No explanation or feedback given, so is disappointing and not very helpful. I did appreciate how quickly the process moved - recruiter was prompt to respond, gave accurate timelines and was generally pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A few standard questions, but most others were behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time..., how would you handle xyz..., etc.)   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Got the interview through a career fair, the actual interview was with two people from the department and a separate interview with HR. They talked to me for over an hour, explained the company in great detail and showed me examples of books they worked on. I took an edit test, and waited a very long time for the actual interview to begin.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wiley in October 2013.

Interview

I actually applied through a networking connection to another position. When they called me in for an interview I had a brief chat on the phone with the HR representative, but it wasn't really a formal interview. When I went in, I had a great initial interview with HR, but in meeting with the hiring manager it as pretty clear it really wasn't the right position for me. But shortly after they notified me that I wasn't hired for that position, they said there was another one open that better fit my qualifications and goals, so I came in for another interview, and a few days later received a job offer. The interviews were fairly low-key. They basically just went through my resume and asked about my experiences, then asked a couple of basic questions. It kind of seemed like they had an idea beforehand that they wanted to hire me or didn't. There was also a copyediting test and another test involving writing a business letter.

Interview Questions

• The only question I really remember was, "What would your ideal position look like?" Not really a hard one...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Maitland, FL (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

It took about 6 weeks to get through. 1 contact HR phone interview 30 min nothing special. Next another phone interview with two people on phone asking mostly behavior interview questions. Next face to face interview with supervisors then waited two weeks. HR called expressing going to do background checks another week went by. Then another interview face to face offer was made

Interview Questions

• What is your 3-5 year plan?   1 Answer

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)).

Interview

The recruiter and department head were both very professional. There was a phone screening, a written questionnaire, a phone interview and a 1 on 1. It seems like a nice place to work. It is a fairly large company. They will expect you to have an understanding of corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Publicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview, which was pretty detailed, followed with a face-to-face interview a couple of weeks later. And then silence, heard nothing for ages, thought they were no longer interested. And typically as Im out interviewing again, I hear from them for a second interview. Again it was a long time before I heard from them. Overall perception was that things move slowly!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the senior financial analyst opportunity. A week or so later I was contacted via email to set up a time to speak with the hr recruiter. We spoke about my background. Was simply asked to walk the recruiter through my resume, was asked what knowledge if any did I have on the company and what interested me most about the opportunity. I was asked salary history and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations a? Walk me through your resume. Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

5 Star Experience - the recruiter communicated well and has been very up front about expectations, and willing to answer questions. Everyone on the interview panel was friendly even as they asked direct and difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are qualities of a good leader?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of your experience handling clients?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent successful marketing campaign that you worked on?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Everyone was very nice but I was asked more than once to accommodate a short notice interview. I was also asked if I was married, if I had children and how old my children were by someone in an HR function.