Williams Lea Tag Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Williams Lea Tag Interview Questions

Updated 16 Sep 2018

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (Wheeling, WV (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a brief telephone conversation with a recruiter and then was invited to their offices for assessment testing. I was advised of the four skills/areas to be assessed and was encouraged to prepare for those areas by any means available to me. I arrived at their offices and the recruiter explained assessment testing process. I was given 2.5 hours to complete the assessment testing and then met again briefly with the recruiter. The recruiter advised that they would be reviewing my test results and, if I passed three out of the four tests, they would contact me if any of their managers were in need of my skills. If I did not hear from then within six months and was still interested in pursuing a job with Williams Lea, then I could reactivate my application at that time.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to travel the distance from my home to their offices on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Internal Recruiter contacted me through a Monster position lead (It does work!).Set up preliminary phone interview, followed by brief 1 hour) face to face interview with a member of the hiring team. Gentleman was informative, personable and represented Williams-Lea in a very professional manner. Left the meeting with a positive feeling about the position and Williams-Lea. I must say that the job description for which I was applying was somewhat fluid and not particularly focused.

Followed up with the usual e-mails, indicating a desire to move my candidacy for the position forward. While there was no response either from the internal recruiter or the hiring team member to these communications, I received a call for a second interview three weeks later.

Setting up this interview was difficult as one of the hiring team, with whom I needed to speak with, seemed to have one of the most inaccessible schedules you could find. I think it would have been easier to set up an meeting with the CEO rather than this individual.

Interview day amid one of the hottest days in New York City. My initial hiring team contact meets me and quickly ushers me to my interview with a peer team member.

This individual greets me as if I was about to enter a termination meeting. Unsmiling and intent on proving that he/she was in control of the process, proceeded to sit me down in a vacant office, while she faced her laptop and conducted the interview. She quickly established that he/she was a Six Sigma, MBA professional and possessed "World-Class" Sourcing and Procurement experience. This was the first of many times that the term, "World-Class" came up during this interview.

With one eye on his/her laptop throughout our meeting, we went through the usual interview conversation, with my questions being answered in a vague way, almost as if they were of little consequence. My questions were usually answered with a "why are you asking me this or you don't know?" facial expression. The following answers were usually filled with "World-Class" descriptors, coupled with a condescending and dismissive attitude. My attempts to get some specificity around the job responsibilities and what resources would be available to me was met with more "World-Class" nonsense, as if my queries were inconsequential.

After an hour of this verbal sparring, the interview was concluded, with my first hiring team member coming and my interview leaving without the courtesy of a handshake. While I attempted at being positive, it was clear that my experience (20+ years) in strategic sourcing was not "World-class" enough for Williams-Lea. I am not sure that their entire model is sustainable, based on their past and present industry acceptance. It is not clear whether their model is functional or simply aspirational.

To bring this saga to a close, I sent out my usual "thank you" e-mails, asked for the formal job description, including a commodity and reporting tree and expressed a desire to continue the conversation with the VP in charge of the division.

The response was "World-Class"...

No response.

Interview Questions

• Mine - How do you capture the results of your RFP's? And do you maintain a database of results and Suppliers that can be accessed by the Sourcing team?

Williams-Lea - "I would have expected a more "World-Class" sourcing structure effort from your employer."   1 Answer

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Telephone interview. Poorly handled un inspired, Unmemorable questions. A very unprofessional interviewer. Not a professional recruiter. Giveny 25 yes of experience I would have expected more inviting open ended questions. These were yes or no questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years?   1 Answer

Client Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

The interviewer had no clude about the position I was applying for. It was a grueling process because the interviewer couldnt answer my questions. Not a good experience at all. Makes me wonder how she got her job. I believe I had more questions to ask than she did. I felt like I took over the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about working with the opposite sex?? Really   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was longer than it needed to be because of the poor communication between the manager and the recruiter. I had to follow up with the recruiter twice in order to move the process along. I had two in person interviews with the hiring manager and a phone interview with the client Account Director before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you caught someone elses mistake and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag in February 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed yet probing and insightful. The interviewer was a very nice and professional person with great people skils and a natural ability to make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What type of goals would you have for your team to enhance productivity?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty standard. There was a phone interview with someone from human resources at the company. After she determined that you had a decent understanding of he role you get brought in for a one on one in person interview that lasted 15-20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Were no real questions, it was more of a conversation with who would eventually become my supervisors.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

They ask you about your experience. Ability to stay organized, multi task. Quick interview. They are looking for cheap labor. They want to know about your work ethic, how willing you are to handle large amounts of grunt work.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Thirty minutes of questioning about past experience and why I felt I would be good for the role. I met with two people in a small room and they were polite.

Interview Questions

• Don;t recall anything out of the ordinary - or strange.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams Lea Tag.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their recruitment director then a phone call with my account director. After that i received an offer letter and had to do a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.