Wincanton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 29 Aug 2018

2.9

Sort:

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wincanton in July 2017.

Interview

Presentation, Workshop and Competency based.

Interview held about 3 months prior to job starting! I attended as an external candidate with only 1 other (internal). The interviewing parties were expecting at least another 3 candidates but these were "no shows", I wonder why?

The workshop and presentation part of the interview were a joke! 2 employees from the shop floor had to be bought in to bolster the numbers to make it realistic! Both the workshop and presentation were wholly irrelevant for a Training manager role. During the presentation (to validate what i do not know.....if you can present......This was a Training manager role!)

Absolutely no feedback throughout the entire process and very very poor communication all round. to this day........STILL no feedback. Awful!!!

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at Wincanton site in London with HR. There were conflicting details surrounding the role. The agent had a particular version of JD salary, benefits etc and the HR person had a much different JD and benefits package. Finally it took more than a month to obtain feed back which wasn't very informative.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly generic   1 Answer

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wincanton.

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Questions werent too hard. Lasted around 40mins. There was only one stage process and they let me known i got the job within a week

overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negoiate via my agency didnt get what I wanted but job walking distance so I save in travel.

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worsley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wincanton (Worsley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

General competency based questions. Found out at the interview that the role I was being interviewed for was not the one I had applied for. Different competencies and experience required, which is a shame as I had prepared based on the one I had applied for. 3 weeks on and I have received no feedback, despite emailing to ask. I feel as if my time has been disrespected, both in preparing and in attending. This was a job I was excited about. I used a days leave to attend. The lack of communication afterwards has left a sour taste in my mouth. Not good practice Wincanton.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a two tier interview process, I only got to stage one, which was competency and experience based.
    After this stage I got rejected. This was communicated with the standard one line e-mail about the high caliber of other applicants.
    After meeting in person at the interview, in my view, they should have taken the courtesy of informing me over the phone and providing feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you handled a complicated ER case.   Answer Question

Dispatch Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutterworth, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wincanton (Lutterworth, England) in January 2011.

Interview

Introduced through an Agency, 1 interview , fair questions on work history and any recent achievement's, it was informal with a set of competency based questions. I was interviewed by the contract manager and operations manager and they made me feel pretty relaxed. This was an entry level operational job so I feel the questions were more to get to know me and my work ethics.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wincanton? and worked through job history on my CV asking job related questions.   1 Answer

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Doncaster, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Company and job out-lay presented to a group of 20+ applicants. Explaining the shift pattern ,do's and don'ts ,expectations and requirements. Presentation of a slide show to indicate the job specs. and Health and Safety procedures.

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Accrington, England).

Interview

Applied via Indeed online, invited for a 30 minute interview at the Blackburn site. Everyone I came in contact with was extremely friendly and welcoming. Upon completion of the F2F interview I completed a written task (15 minutes) found more difficult.

Transportation Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers which when i ask '2 managers interviewing me aint I lucky' I got a reply well in past we have said things which aint correct which sent warning signs straight away. So the interview was basically asking same questions over and over and when mentioned im doing courses which wont effect work ( transport managers course ) got in depth inquisition. Also soon as I mentioned ex-forces one managers stated ' I don't like hiring ex armed forces due to having in the past and causing problems in the office'

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company ?   1 Answer

Pensions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Chippenham, South West England, England) in June 2007.

Interview

Thorough and relevant. Useful exercise anyway, delighted to get job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our investment strategy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Painless. Did not negotiate as full expectations met including pension scheme.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.