Wincanton Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doncaster, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wincanton (Doncaster, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview lasted an hour, through Microsoft teams video call. The interview was in 3 parts - 1st 20 mins questions about myself , 2nd 20 mins scenarios questions and examples from previous experiences and 3rd 20 mins an opportunity to ask my questions. Overall a good interview.

Interview Questions
  • What attracted you to this position?
    Answer Question
  • What would you do if no support was available and a client needs something from you?
  • What was your greatest mistake and how you resolved it?
  • How you would prioritise your work based on an example given

Wincanton

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wincanton

Interview

Application was straight forward. Then moving onto a virtual zoom call for a one to one interview, asking standard questions as why do you want to work here, what do you know? More of an idea and understanding about each other. Then several weeks later moving on to an assessment day. This process being roughly 4 hour long. However the half day assessment contained a full day's worth into this time frame giving the impression of everything being too cramped and rushed. Assessment day consisted of a individual case study, group task, presentation, introduction and a Q & A zone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

A two stage interview. First stage with the H&S Manager and HR, Second with H&S Manager and the General site manager who the role reported into. They were friendly and made me feel at ease. The one let down was not being contacted about my outcome in the time frame given to me. In the end I had to chase it up for feedback. Admittedly, I didn't chase as early as you might as I had another job offer in the meantime which I took preference over. The feedback was constructive, mostly positive with a very reasonable explanation as to why I was not successful in my application, that being they needed someone with more experience in the sector who could "hit the ground running" as the previous member of staff had already left the organisation, so there was no chance for handover. However, I would have expected the feedback on time after a two stage, face to face interview.

Interview Questions
  • Considering your role will be predominantly a typical 9-5, how will you build a positive stakeholder relationship with staff who work early and late shifts. In particular, the team of drivers.

Wincanton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chippenham, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (Chippenham, South West England, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Poor response rate from recruitment team. Prepared for and attended an hour long On line interview. Waited to hear for 2 weeks as to next steps. Eventually after chasing , received an automated response stating vacancy had already been filled. Very poor hiring process to experience

Interview Questions
  • No unexpected questions for role applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nuneaton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wincanton (Nuneaton, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Call from HR to discuss what I am currently doing, the role, etc. Got invited for an interview at the site. Got to the site which had no sign posts as to where the office was located. After looking around, I located the entrance as I had been to the site years ago. A make shift receptionist welcomed me and took me to a crowded canteen full of warehouse workers on their lunch. Nobody was wearing any masks (which I understand given that they were working) and we weren't required to either. This is in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic and I am still paranoid about my visit as I have been very careful in minimising outside contact but have developed coughs and fever after the interview. I waited for 15 mins in the canteen before I decided I would give up as this was very unprofessional. On my way out, I could see the hiring manager setting up the room so we started our interview.. He was not prepared at all in terms of the questions he wanted to ask and was about to finish the interview in 15 mins. Felt quite dejected, especially after a week of preparation had gone in for the interview. Asked some questions of my own and the interview was over in half an hour. Asked if he had any reservation about me in this role and he said your "corporate" experience is not what we are looking for.. Company decided to not proceed with the application as I had more "corporate" experience and not the operational day to day experience they were looking for. Surely you could deduct this from my CV rather than wasting everyone's time. The worst interview experience I have ever had. Treat candidates with respect. We are not begging for a livelihood, we offer value in return for hiring us.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England, England)

Interview

Phone interview, followed by first stage face to face interview (more of a meeting) with main manager and then second stage interviews, which involved seeing three groups of people. Psychometric tests and a written test had to be completed too. All stages set out in advance although could have been much clearer that first stage interview would be more of a discussion and that second stage session would be full interviews with the sets of people. Turned down two days later by recruitment person who was brusque and provided only minimum feedback which didn't really tally with my experience from the interviews. So, very frustrating and a waste of time. Felt like the goalposts had shifted halfway through and that they were seeking qualities they should have explored more thoroughly during the interviews. Felt badly treated. Took time off work and spent a lot of time preparing so the least they could have done was been more professional at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (Milton Keynes, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

Applied online and interview was arranged with in the week. A couple of days later I was offered the job. Straight forward and to the point, looking forward to starting soon

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Blackburn, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wincanton (Blackburn, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

It was easy, to begin with the relevant questions were asked, and then we proceeded to complete a basic numerical test to see capabilities and then I was sent away to wait for there decision

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (Chippenham, South West England, England, England) in Dec 2018

Interview

Single stage, friendly receptionist set the tone - relaxed yet professional . There was an informal feel where the company business was fully explained. The current issues with the role I applied for were detailed, leaving me clear what was reauired and why. All main stakeholders were discussed in detail, so I understood how everything fitted together. Then questioning by two managers. It was a sing,e phase process, no second interview and I was offered the position about 10 days after interview.

Interview Questions
  • Drawing from past experience to measure capability, questioning of work methods and approach. Asking about tasks that I was proud of any why. Seeking to understand aspirations and self drive. Attempting to u deerstalker d your character and what motivates you. Direct questions on current salary, enefits etc - which saves time!

Wincanton

Application

I interviewed at Wincanton in Dec 2018

Interview

Interviewer spent the whole time either looking at his laptop or talking about himself, he was late for the interview, couldn’t really get a word in and when I did it was met with total negativity. Complete waste of my time! Never met such an arrogant self centred person!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews