Wincanton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Mar 2018

3.1

Warehouse Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (Greenwich, England) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a two interview process. The first interview was with a Warehouse Shift Manager and a Warehouse Team Manager. This was a structured interview and did not stray from the list of questions they had prepared in advance. The second interview was with the Warehouse Operations Manager and the HR Manager. Whilst they had a few prepared questions the interview was a more relaxed one as they wanted to sell me on the company just as much as I wanted to sell myself to them. Pretty typical of a second interview. Once the second interview reached its conclusion I was then given a tour of the depot. Upon completion of the tour we said our thank-you's and goodbye's. I was told I would receive their decision the next day.

Transportation Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 managers which when i ask '2 managers interviewing me aint I lucky' I got a reply well in past we have said things which aint correct which sent warning signs straight away. So the interview was basically asking same questions over and over and when mentioned im doing courses which wont effect work ( transport managers course ) got in depth inquisition. Also soon as I mentioned ex-forces one managers stated ' I don't like hiring ex armed forces due to having in the past and causing problems in the office'

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company ?   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wincanton in July 2017.

Interview

Presentation, Workshop and Competency based.

Interview held about 3 months prior to job starting! I attended as an external candidate with only 1 other (internal). The interviewing parties were expecting at least another 3 candidates but these were "no shows", I wonder why?

The workshop and presentation part of the interview were a joke! 2 employees from the shop floor had to be bought in to bolster the numbers to make it realistic! Both the workshop and presentation were wholly irrelevant for a Training manager role. During the presentation (to validate what i do not know.....if you can present......This was a Training manager role!)

Absolutely no feedback throughout the entire process and very very poor communication all round. to this day........STILL no feedback. Awful!!!

Transport Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burton upon Trent, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Burton upon Trent, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Formal conversation with the contracts manager on previous experience and knowledge of the transport industry. Also questioned on confidence levels when dealing with high stakeholders, contractors and other team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wincanton?   Answer Question
    • What have you done in your previous employment in relation to the job applied for?   Answer Question

Multi Task Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Samlesbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wincanton (Samlesbury, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process involved completing a short test which I was given 10 minutes to complete. Addition, subtracting and cross referencing long numbers. The interview then began with the usual "Tell me a bit about yourself", then went on to discussing previous work experience and then onto a set of prescripted interview questions which can be found on any interview preparation website.

Received the usual recycled rejection letter 2 weeks later stating a higher caliber of candidates that more closely matched their "requirements" without any reference to specifics.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at Wincanton site in London with HR. There were conflicting details surrounding the role. The agent had a particular version of JD salary, benefits etc and the HR person had a much different JD and benefits package. Finally it took more than a month to obtain feed back which wasn't very informative.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly generic   1 Answer

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worsley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wincanton (Worsley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

General competency based questions. Found out at the interview that the role I was being interviewed for was not the one I had applied for. Different competencies and experience required, which is a shame as I had prepared based on the one I had applied for. 3 weeks on and I have received no feedback, despite emailing to ask. I feel as if my time has been disrespected, both in preparing and in attending. This was a job I was excited about. I used a days leave to attend. The lack of communication afterwards has left a sour taste in my mouth. Not good practice Wincanton.

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Accrington, England).

Interview

Applied via Indeed online, invited for a 30 minute interview at the Blackburn site. Everyone I came in contact with was extremely friendly and welcoming. Upon completion of the F2F interview I completed a written task (15 minutes) found more difficult.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wincanton (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a two tier interview process, I only got to stage one, which was competency and experience based.
    After this stage I got rejected. This was communicated with the standard one line e-mail about the high caliber of other applicants.
    After meeting in person at the interview, in my view, they should have taken the courtesy of informing me over the phone and providing feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you handled a complicated ER case.   Answer Question

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wincanton (Doncaster, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Company and job out-lay presented to a group of 20+ applicants. Explaining the shift pattern ,do's and don'ts ,expectations and requirements. Presentation of a slide show to indicate the job specs. and Health and Safety procedures.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.