Wizards of the Coast Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 59 of over 59 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Wizards of the Coast

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast

Interview

Round 1: 30 min recruiter phone screen Round 2: 30 mins phone call w/ hiring manager Round 3: 30 minutes w/4 team members, each assigned to a different company core value Recruiter was my main point of contact throughout the process. Feedback given within 1 week of each stage.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with competing priorities?
    Answer Question

Wizards of the Coast

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast

Interview

5 parts, 1) call with recruiter 2) call with hiring manager 3) SQL take home exercise 75 minutes to complete (pdf and 4 complex coding questions hand written off the top of your head) 4) panel interview 5) 1 on 1

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wizards of the Coast

Application

I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast

Interview

The interview process felt unnecessarily tedious. I understand having a multiple-person vetting process, but having more than 5 hour-long interviews back-to-back was extremely exhausting. In some cases, the people who were chosen to interview me seemed like they had no interview training, as they were struggling to be proactive with asking questions, which lead me to lead the interview just so that it wouldn't be an hour of awkward silence. There were no communications between interviewers since it was such a tight crunch between interviews, which resulted in me having to answer the same questions repeatedly. Overall, it just seemed extremely disorganized and inefficient as I ended up having to take time off work for it.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you the most about working for Wizards of the Coast?
1 person found this interview helpful

Wizards of the Coast

Application

I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Senior Recruiter/Director. It went over the scheduled time and was a good conversation. I was told that they would get me in touch with a recruiter for the next round - i never heard back even after following up. MONTHS later, I got an apology and they offered to set up the interview again. I was then ghosted a second time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wizards of the Coast

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast in Mar 2022

Interview

1 recruiter phone interview, then a video interview with the hiring manager who indicated I shouldn't be worried about making it through to the next stage, seemed like it overall went really well. Had a second video interview which was broken up into two 45 minute interviews with 2 different team members, and a follow up with the recruiter. The interviews seemed to go really well, the first interviewer ended it early saying he didn't have any other questions even after I asked if there was anything specific he might want me to expand on. Second interviewer asked a series of behavioral questions to which she indicated I gave sensible answers to. This round seemed very positive as well. Then the recruiter did not follow up with me for a week, I reached out to inquire and then received the form email that they found a candidate who more closely aligned with their needs but that I should stay in touch etc. I politely asked for feedback and have never heard from the recruiter again. Slightly frustrating that I was never given any feedback or indication on what they felt was lacking, especially since the interviews themselves seemed to go really well.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a stakeholder not wanting to follow proper processes?

Wizards of the Coast

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast

Interview

1 recruiter screen, 1 hiring manager call, panel interviews with 4 team members. Panels were somewhat behavioral focused but largely based on "how would you approach" x and other hypothetical questions. Recruiters seems fairly disconnected from the role and rely heavily on jargon and opaque language in order to answer even basic questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to manage multiple conflicting priorities and how you went about it.

Wizards of the Coast

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast in Feb 2022

Interview

I went through multiple rounds of interviews. Was told I was on track to join the team. Then they went silent for a few weeks, wouldn't reply or respond to any emails and then later they finally revealed they hired someone else. Zero feedback from the interviewers, only given the "we went with someone else with better...blah blah blah blah" generic bs. Acted like they wanted me there and wanted me to join their family and then they showed their true selves by going dark and not responding to emails for 3 weeks. Showcased quickly how little they care for those who are interviewing for a position. Their culture is one they talked highly about, but when time for reality, they showcased zero respect of empathy. That is their true culture.

Interview Questions
  • How would you react to this situation?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast (New York, NY)

Interview

Take home project which takes less than 2 hours maybe more if more complete with tests, linting, docker, etc. The onsite loop was fairly straightforward with 60-70% of behavioral and one coding round. Recruiter gave a runaround for three weeks before finding out they went with a different candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Sorted list question that can be optimized with binary search

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast (Bellevue, WA) in Jan 2022

Interview

Took them weeks to get back to me after each interview when they said they'd be back within a week. Did a 6 hour day of interviews with them and they never returned a single email asking for feedback and responses.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about specific languages and software not in the job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wizards of the Coast (Seattle, WA) in Nov 2021

Interview

Recruiter asked for availability over the next week to set up an initial screen, I provided it then didn't hear back. The following week I reached back out, recruiter asked for new availability. This time they scheduled the screen and I was passed to the hiring manager. Interview went well, I was given a take-home coding exercise and asked to submit it within 3 days. The instructions made it clear this was not pass/fail but rather would be used as a prompt for discussion in the next round of interviews. Put four hours into the exercise, submitted it on time, then never heard back.

Interview Questions
  • Design a thermometer class in the language of your choice, with a few specific requirements for the thermometer behavior.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews