XPO Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Northampton, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Though a lengthy process, I was kept engaged each step of the way. Relaxed and informative. It was about the right fit for me and the company. Great experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Just normal standard behavior questions, practice in advance you will be fine. Completely remote interview process. Fast-paced reviewing. But the recruiter is lack of enthusiastic and profession, even call me wrong name at all.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, then in person interview with excel skills test. The excel test is fairly difficult, would recommend preparing for that. Heard back fairly quickly (a week or two).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation of conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Talked with an internal recruiter first to cover salary and job details such as location and hours. Next I was scheduled to talk with the manager at the site I would be working at. Zoom interview that was scheduled for 1 hour and lasted less than that. Casual conversation covering expectations and several interview style questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed? What are your perceived weaknesses?   Answer Question

Customs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I did two phone interviews. Then met in person with my manager. The manager was very nice and the location seemed nice but the recruiter was horrible. It took two months to get a second phone interview. Then I got an offer and and it was all the normal stuff. I did not hear back from anyone for about 11 days after I accepted the offer, so I just decided to take another offer with a company that was better run and more organized. I finally got a call back and I was like ok I will give them one more chance. They gave me a new start date. I did not hear back from thrm until the night before my start date and by then I thought they were just playing games and I already took the other offer. I read about how numerous recruiters have ghosted people and all this bad stuff about their labor practices and it made me nervous. Maybe Ann Arbor is a great office to work out of. The manager was nice but the recruiter was a joke. I did not want to put my fate in the hands of a recruiter that takes 2 months to return an email. Something about this company just did not feel right. I went off of instinct but I could be wrong. I will say very unorganized for sure.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience I have doing import/export stuff? Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

I had a really terrible recruiter for my interview experience. After coming on board, it was apparent that it was mainly the recruiter. However, I still think that XPO should develop a more robust interview and hiring process. It was clear to me, this process could be a focus for a positive candidate experience and also to hire good talent.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Interview was a video interview, asked 2 technical questions and asked a couple of behavioral questions as well. The technical coding challenges weren't too bad, mainly recursion and data structures.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XPO Logistics (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Very good, thorough and straight forward through zoom. Interviewed with HR and other hiring manager. They gave me questions and I answered them with answers pulled from experience. They were very attentive and responsive to my own questions about the company.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at XPO Logistics.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Both were informational interviews to find out if I would be interested in working for the company and to explain more about the role structure. No questions were asked about my background or competencies. After hiring manager interview, was told I would move to next steps and interview with a peer. Never heard back from the recruiter or the HM again. Left a poor impression on how this company treats its job applicants and no care placed on overall candidate experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by an interview with the station manager and finally an interview with the hr manager. Likely this will be video or phone interviews now due to covid.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at XPO logistics?   1 Answer

Interview

Was called 2 days after I applied, had an interview with just the GM probably a week after. Just asked general questions about my experience and expectations, then was introduced to the supervisors and was given a quick typing test.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in Customer Service?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.