YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Heard from recruiter in less than a week. Phone interview will take 15-30 minutes. Standard questions that any large carrier would have. Recruiter then setup interview with local hiring/terminal manager. Manager send like a good guy to work for and straight forward about expectations and current working conditions which correctly included long hours due to demand. I was slightly disappointed I didn't get a call to cancel the interview since it was a 30 minute drive. The driver who was going to be leaving his current role decided to remain a few hours prior to my interview. I was interviewing for the slot he was going to be vacating. On the same note I did get a good feel for my management and it was positive.

Shop Supervisor Interview

Interview

I applied on indeed and was invited per email to Apply on company website. Everything has been extremely professional and smooth. I have enjoyed every conversation I’ve had with everyone at this company.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experience   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, KS (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the team manager then a video (during COVID) interview with 4 other team managers. Received a job offer after that interview. Whole process only took about 2.5 weeks

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial Phone interview, followed by a face to face with the manager, 3rd interview with a regional manager, then a final in person interview where the extend an offer if they decide too.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple tasks all at once?   2 Answers

City Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

It was long ago but back then things were completely different as they are now days. It was much simpler and the face to face interview were much faster and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (San Antonio, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The complete process from application to first day of work was less than two weeks. I completed the job application online and was called by HR in Kansas shortly after. I was interviewed by phone and hired during the initial call. I was told I had ten days to take a drug test at a local minor emergency clinic. I took the drug test the next day and reported to work the next Tuesday for a two hour orientation and 2 hrs. OJT. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you having operating a forklift? How long have you worked loading/unloading trailers? Can you lift 50 lbs or more over your head? Is there anything preventing you from carrying out the requirements of the job? Have you ever had a conflict with someone at work and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, KS (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

1 phone screen then 2 in person with a group of sales associates. Made it to the final step in the interview process and seemed to go good but then they ghosted me and never gave feedback after I followed up several times.

Interview Questions

• Real life experience with what you have done in the past with sales and other customer service.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

I found that the interview was very unorganized and unprofessional. Interview was easy but I won't accept their offer. No one knew what was going on and no one was prepared.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I only had the first call where they asked for your experience and salary requirements and then they explained the position and requirement for the role. Still waiting for the next call from HR dept.

Interview Questions

• what is your salary requirement   1 Answer

Dock Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very professional interview, made to feel comfortable from the start. Great managers who really cared and took the time to get to know you and show you how the operation works and how you would fit in. Went over my experience and what is expected of you within the organization. Very straight forward questions about past experiences and future goals and future company expectations. This is every logistics professional ideal organization with an outstanding team of professionals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for YRC Freight?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.