YiYi English Online ESL Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 26 interviews

Interviews at YiYi English

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at YiYi English

YiYi English

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YiYi English

Interview

I applied through Indeed and was invited to move forward in the process by answering a few questions. These questions turned out to be their standard online application of three videos that I'd record and submit. My videos were reviewed and within two days I was moved forward to the training section. Throughout the training module, there were some glitches that prevented me from completing certain quizzes as well as the final introduction video. At the beginning of training, it is stated that this video is critical and that the lack of submission for this would lead to automatic disqualification for the live demo lesson with a staff member in China. They sent me a link to schedule the interview even before I had begun the training module and stated I must schedule it within three workdays of receiving the email. Thus I scheduled the interview and tried several times to complete the training video so as to mark my module as finalized ... with no success. The error stated that my account needed to be activated, but the recruitment team had not given me an account. The entire process felt somewhat disorganized and rushed. They sent me several template messages that did not follow a proper sequence which I believe lead to my issues in training. When I sent a detailed message to their recruitment team and included screenshots of the errors I was experiencing I received no response. The more I reviewed the information the more I began to sense that I would not align with their corporate culture. They obviously have technical issues they must resolve, they did not invest in their teaching platform (which is a pdf that you screen share via zoom), and in their demo videos, they pretty much tell you that you're on your own and have to figure it out. I decided to not interview as I was already disqualified given the errors in their system. I received a curt follow-up email from their recruitment team that told me to schedule a new interview, but there was no mention of the email I had sent them. Reviewing the experience, I feel confident that my choice not to pursue this opportunity was the right one.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to introduce myself to a new student, demonstrate my TPR skills, and to teach a student a difficult word.
    1 Answer