YiYi English Online English Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 24 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at YiYi English

YiYi English

Application

I interviewed at YiYi English

Interview

3 stages to go through. 1. Online application with 2 video recordings. 2. Demo class - on Classin 3. Follow up meeting In all honesty easy to pass if you read the given directions.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer was extremely kind but offered payment was way lower than posted online.
    1 Answer

YiYi English

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YiYi English in Nov 2021

Interview

Very easy, first step was a test with video answers required. Second step was a video interview where you had to do a teaching test. The test with video answers had 3 questions regarding teaching methods and scheduling.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

168.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=YiYi English~1963975
Join the conversation on

YiYi English

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YiYi English in Nov 2021

Interview

First, I applied for a job at their site. Second, came a letter with an invitation for a demo class interview in Classin, and one day before this interview they send me the material of the lesson and an explanation of how to make it in Class in . I passed this demo lesson and was invited for the final interview .

Interview Questions
  • Usual question : Tell about yourself, teaching experience. Are you able to work on this schedule for 6 or 12 months?

YiYi English

Application

I interviewed at YiYi English

Interview

you will have to record responses to 3 short video tasks: Video 1 – teach an intermediate level student how to pronounce “SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS” Video 2 – demonstrate your non-verbal hand and face signals (TPR) Video 3 – give an example of how you would introduce yourself to a new student (display your energy and passion)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YiYi English

Application

I interviewed at YiYi English

Interview

You have to submit answers to a couple of questions in the form of a video and then they contact you for a demo lesson. You do the demo lesson based on lesson material that they provide for you

Interview Questions
  • No interview question, you just perform your lesson demo

YiYi English

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YiYi English

Interview

I received an email from the company 2 weeks after I applied for the position. I had to submit 4 videos. Two days after submitting it, I was contacted to set up a demo lesson within 3 working days.

Interview Questions
  • I had to upload 4 videos. One was about teaching a long work to an intermediate level student. Another one was a self-introductory video. One was about demonstrating my non-verbal communication skills or TPR.

YiYi English

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at YiYi English in Jan 2020

Interview

The interviewer didn't show up on my demo class and the company completely ignored me afterward for no reason. No one responded about my demo class and acted like nothings been arranged. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • No interview questions, just asked to prepare a demo lesson no one cared about to check out.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest, Bucuresti

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YiYi English (Bucharest, Bucuresti)

Interview

It took a while. First you need to make a video of yourself doing funny things (teach a student how to pronounce "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"), then you have a demo class and then you have a short interview.

Interview Questions
  • Nationality, teaching experience in years, expected salary...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in İzmir

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YiYi English (İzmir) in May 2019

Interview

I applied online and they have contacted me very fast for an interview. I was happy to see how fast it all moved and how responsive they were during the whole process and for the fact that I was giving this offer despite not having any experience in teaching.

Interview Questions
  • For the main interview, you have to prepare a demo lesson as if you were teaching the kids. I will have this interview tomorrow. Overall they provided all the needed materials so it was easy to learn and prepare the lesson.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest, Bucuresti

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YiYi English (Bucharest, Bucuresti) in Jan 2018

Interview

I am currently still in the interview process with YiYi English, but I have been highly impressed with the process thus far. When applying, you are asked to introduce yourself through video, which I found to be a fun and interesting way for them to meet you on a more personal level without having to be face to face. Once you have applied and they are interested in you further as a candidate, they ask you to record yourself teaching a mock lesson among a few other things. Once advanced past this point, you are asked to complete an online training course which takes about an hour or so and really gives you a thorough idea of the company’s philosophies on teaching English, the technology they use while teaching, general idea of how a lesson is taught and what they will look like, as well as company policies. I found this to be an excellent part of the interview process as it gives the applicant a clear picture of what the job would entail allowing one to be sure this is a job they want to do. It is evident that this company wants to set their teachers up for success because of the detailed training as well as the resources and support systems available to their teachers. My next step is to teach a mock lesson to a YiYi English staff member pretending to be a student to assess my strengths and weaknesses and whether I would be a good fit. Through the interview process alone, I am excited at the prospect of working with this company!

Interview Questions
  • Record yourself teaching an intermediate level English language learner how to pronounce the word, “Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious.”
  • Record examples of your nonverbal hand/face communication.
  • Record video introducing yourself to a Chinese student learning English.
  • Record a video introducing yourself to us. We want to see your energy.
20 people found this interview helpful