Yieldify Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Yieldify

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in August 2013.

Interview

I had applied online and had an initial phone interview. The interview itself was pretty standard and what you would expect for a sales position. I was told at the end of the interview that it was between me and another candidate. I followed up the next day and then again the following week. I had no response, very unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process involved

1. Face to face 1 hour interview with 2 senior members of staff from Customer Success Team
    2. SWAT analysis of client portfolio in a presentation setting, including a sales pitch
    3. Face to face informal meeting with VP of Client Services

Initial contact with HR to job offer was around 3.5 weeks. Overall a really enjoyable interview process, challenging in places particularly the analysis presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimise the customer journey from arriving on site to abandoning to returning? Give examples of variables to test etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by Yieldify's internal recruiter who had found me on LinkedIn. We briefly discussed the role and salary. He asked me about my current salary which at that time was 35k and asked if I'd consider working for less. My answer to that was no and so he said he would like to invite me to their office and have an initial interview.

I first met with two senior account managers who mainly asked me about my experience and skills. Right after that I met with two junior account managers who didn't really seem to know what they were supposed to ask me.

Right after this interview I was invited to the second stage the following week. I was given a task to prepare as the second stage consisted of a small presentation. You get a company profile and are supposed to apply the Yieldify software solution in order improve the overall business performance. I was asked to present my results in a little presentation as if I were in a client meeting.

During the second interview I was sitting in front of three other Yieldify employees who didn't really show any reaction to my presentation. After I was done, they asked me questions like "What do you think about your presentation?", "Do you think this presentation would convince a client?"

Even though I didn't really think they were impressed with me, I received an offer just two days later. However, even though I had discussed my salary expectations with their recruiter before coming in for the first interview, I was only offered 28k. I told them that I had made it clear that I wouldn't work for less than 35k right in the beginning and that I wouldn't have agreed to interview for this kind of salary. I was told that 28k was already "stretched" and the maximum they would pay. In addition to that they told me that there are no benefits (no health insurance, no pension, no nothing), only 21 days of holiday per year and work hour are 9:00 - 18:30.

They weren't willing to negotiate at all and so I had to decline the offer as it was much less than was agreed on in the beginning and seemed like a bit of a scam.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize the different components of the Yieldify software?   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yieldify (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in February 2015.

Interview

First some outsourcing company called to schedule a meeting with the guy in charge in Portugal. First meeting the guy never showed.. than new reschedule took 3 weeks. After that I got a Skype call and we spoke a little about my background and about some quiz that the guy asked me to do.. some bouncing ball in javascript... question were quite normal and I think that wasn't tough. I got an offer but I declined because after the interview the guy took three or four weeks to answer.. that time I didn't accept because they even didn't had a place to work (we would start to work from home) and all seemed quite unprofessional and I start to think that it wasn't right what I wanted...

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was split. Some testing, chatting with around 4-5 people, skype call. It was all quite nice, open and free. Testing for the role could have been better.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

CV submission was quickly followed by an exploratory call. After another more in-depth phone interview, we arranged another with the team leader because at the time I was not in London. Many mistakes from my side during the call but they were empathic in my circumstances and decided to let me have an on-site interview and technical test. Just hours after that got an offer with everything perfectly laid out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yieldify in January 2015.

Interview

A recruitment agency contacted me regarding this job opportunity at Yieldify. They connected me to a person inside the company in charge of the interview process. Some meetings were scheduled via Skype and the people representing Yieldify postponed, missed or were late to every single interaction. This was about 7/8 times. After i concluded the technical challenge successfully, i was offered a contract deal, which i accepted and sent my personal information. Was only going to communicate officially to my current employer once i signed the contract, but trustingly started to make arrangements for the career move, including telling some people on the job, and organising my yearly calendar accordingly. Yieldify asked me for 8 days in order to clear some procedures and send the contract to sign, and never contacted me after that. Recruitment agency was the only way to get a follow up, and told me 33 days after the fact that the process was not going to go through. The whole thing was very unprofessional and badly handled. The person representing Yieldify did not contact me personally to communicate these developments and blocked me on Skype for some reason. I do not recommend this company to work for.

Interview Questions

• A technical challenge was asked to be developed, using web technologies.   Answer Question

Content Marketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after an initial informal phone call with the in-house recruiter I was asked to complete a blog to showcase my writing style. This blog was reviewed within a day and I was quickly invited to an interview the next week.

I was greeted by the in-house recruiter and had a brief chat, checking if my goals and personality fitted with the company culture. I then had a 20 minute conversation with my potential manager who asked me a few competency based questions. Next I had another chat with a different member of the marketing team who asked questions more specifically focused on the task I had produced.

Finally I had a look round the office - the interview lasted around an hour. Overall the interview was friendly and informal, but also thorough.

Interview Questions

• Examples of working to deadlines/with others/working independently.   Answer Question
    • What are the most important aspects to consider when creating a piece of content?   Answer Question

Software/Full Stack/Front End/Unclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yieldify (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Began well, ended terribly.

The process started with an initial phone interview followed by the technical test. The technical test was far too time-consuming (unless you do it poorly, in which case why bother?).

Submission of the technical test was followed by a phone discussion about my test submission (nearly two weeks later). The result was generally positive feedback about the test, and we scheduled the final interview. I received a congratulations email; a slightly confusing and ultimately empty gesture, as I don't consider passing an interview stage to be any kind of noteworthy or celebratory achievement.

The final interview was supposed to include questions about asymptotic functions and other concepts, but ended up being solely about designing a schema for an app on a whiteboard.

Frustratingly, I can design that schema in my sleep. However, with the pressure of two experienced judges watching me design on a whiteboard (not my usual medium), and trying to judge how I think and communicate, and gauge my skill level, I was too nervous to perform at my best.

The second part of the interview was about "competencies", but I didn't notice any real opportunity to reveal my strengths, instead engaging in a fairly generic conversation about leadership and teams.

The final decision, conveyed by a non-technical employee, included the words "junior" and "intern", and basically amounted to "we don't have the right structure for someone to hold your hand and mentor you", which I found quite offensive, because I certainly don't want or need that.

In conclusion, the final interview failed to learn anything significantly positive about me, and resulted in offensively incorrect assumptions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yieldify.

Interview

After the direct application, I was invited to the phone interview. During the phone interview, interviewer only asked me about why I left my previous job even though I felt very uncomfortable to talk about more in details and didn't want to speak further.. she kept it going and trying to ask more further. Once, I have clearly said that I am not comfortable to discuss but, she said she needs to know to find out if I am a good fit or not. Also, she asked me if I am willing to work for less than my salary expectation. I told her that I would rather need to find more about the roles, expectation and responsibilities before I discuss further. Never had time to have a chat in details about the roles during the phone interview. When I asked about the role in more details, it was very vaguely explained and cut off as the time has run out.
    Also, arranging the phone interview was also a nightmare as I have probably exchanged more than 10 emails to arrange one phone interview.