Yieldify Partner Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Yieldify

1 Interview Review

2.0

Partner Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yieldify (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I saw the role on Indeed and thought this could be a good place for me to venture back into the startup world. I submitted my resume and a few days later, I heard from an HR team member who wanted to set up time with a team member from talent acquisition. We agreed to a day and time for a phone interview and it's set.
On the day of the interview, 5 minutes have gone by and I've yet to hear from anyone. I reach out to the HR contact who emailed me first, but no response. At about 8 minutes after the hour, I get the call from the talent acquisition person. She doesn't really apologize for the delay - just mentions how all her calls went over, blah blah blah. That was the first step at unprofessionalism I noticed.
We go into the interview and discuss the role, my background, and why I'm interested in leaving my current company and joining Yieldify. I give a pretty strong answer on my desire to move to a faster paced environment, focus on B2C, and make an impact with a smaller company. This didn't seem to resonate with her as she was hung up on why I wanted to leave. Then she goes on to ask if I applied to other groups within my company. Not sure how that was relevant as I'm applying to a job with YOUR company. I don't need advice on my career transitions. Anyways, it was an awkward interview for the most part as she has no idea what I did, what my company did (it's a Fortune 100), and I think she had about 2 years of experience, total. She mentioned how the CEO was in NYC quite often and she felt it would be good to meet him, or the hiring manager who was based in Europe. I was still interested to move forward and waited for next steps. A week goes by, then the Easter holiday, which I know is a few days in Europe. A week after, I email the the talent acquisition person to press on next steps as she had previously indicated I should meet with someone. No response! The unprofessionalism continues! So, now I've been ghosted with no update in my status.
This is the problem with these young Europeans startups that are run by kids and they want to enter the US market. They see dollar signs, want to up their valuations, but have no talent acquisition mindfulness whatsoever. We are professionals, treat us as such. Good luck finding real talent. Also, please spare the canned response to this review.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to leave?
    2. Have you thought about finding another position within your company??   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.