Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Jun 2017

2.7

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied on their website and received an email for a phone interview request. We agreed on a time, I double checked the interview time the day of, and the interviewer never called. I followed up with an email and heard no response. Super unprofessional. I also read a review from a former employee to hold this position on a Facebook job seekers group, and said there is no salary increases for the IT team. Seems like a garbage company.

Interview Questions

• They stood me up for a phone interview, no call or reason.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle in March 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out, I scheduled an interview with the recruiter and the recruiter never called. I emailed the recruiter 15 minutes after our interview was supposed to start asking whether or not we were going to have the interview or if we needed to reschedule. Recruiter didn't get back to me until 2 days later, we rescheduled and the recruiter never called again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview : really simple getting to know you type questions.
    Technical Interview: They will ask you about your personal projects and then a coding test. The coding test was simple but I had less than 30 mins and its just difficult to code under that kind of pressure for me. Practice your coding

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very good experience. The two gentlemen that I went through the process with were professional and made you feel welcome and relaxed. I was given a walk through on a portion of the sales floors,. During the walk through they explained about the company and what the areas were. It was a good experience. Extremely nice people and the employees on the phones were really friendly. The company has a high energy level and it carries over.

Software Engineering - NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. After sending my resume, the HR contacted me after 3 weeks. She asked me about what I am doing now? Why am I looking for another position while I am already working. She explained about what Yodle does and their tech stack. The recruiter told me the different stages of the interview process. No technical questions from the HR. I liked the recruiter's attitude and liked the fact that the recruiter didn't ask me questions like what I experienced couple of years ago.

Interview Questions

• Coding test was through codepad. The tech lead of the software engineering team in Austin and another developer called me and gave me the link for coding test (coderpad.com).

The goal was to fix code so that when it is run, it shows result as true.

Read a long string and find the count of words and then sort the words in descending order based on its frequency.

Collections. sort(), comparable interface, Collections.reverse() - some of the functions used for this.

Finally got the code to run and got the expected result.

Then asked me to explain Big O notation for my algorithm.   1 Answer

Customer Success Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received a call the next day for a phone interview. This went really well and I had a fantastic conversation with the HR rep. Then I got a call the next day to set up an in person interview with the 2 Hiring Mgrs. This was a 30 minute scheduled, but went an hour. It went really well so I was not surprised that I got a call that same day for a third interview with their manager. This was via phone as she is in Austin. Of course no one told me this and I thought I had another in person interview. I showed up at the Charlotte office and no one knew what I was talking about. Also they do not give you the last names of who you will speak to and the manager had a fairly common name.

I called the HR rep who then tells me the interview is by phone with a manager in Austin. Oops. However, she did not even have me on her schedule. I was told she would call me in an hour. It took me 45 minutes to get there and I rushed home. There were no apologies from anyone about the mix up

Despite everything, the conversation during the third interview went well. The manager said I would hear back either way by the middle of the following week. Of course I had been hearing this all along. Since they got back to me so quickly before and I was confident in my ability and the vibe of the interview that I would receive an offer. When I told the manager how interested I was in the position she said "Well you made it this far, so that's a great sign!" Again I totally thought I would get an offer.

The middle of the following week comes and I hear nothing so I sent an email inquiry. No reply. I waited until the start of the following week and sent a second email. This time the HR rep replied saying they decided to go with someone else. They acted like they were in a hurry to fill the role and I am more qualified for the role. Note: The job is still posted as a new posting.

So my experience was negative. You should never get to the third round in an interview process and then receive no word after promising a status update. I had to email them twice to get a reply. I doubt they would have sent me anything if I did not follow-up. I also did not like the mix up in the scheduling of the third interview. I bought a new outfit for it, which I did not need since it was via phone. Perhaps if they gave me a last name, the people in the Charlotte office would know the manager was in Austin. I felt they did not respect my time and the lack of follow-up for third round candidate was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your ambitions? Would you like to be in a management role someday?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer...(note: I got asked this in all 3 interviews)
      What did you like the most and the least about your last job?
      Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized review process with 6 different people asking the same questions, don't know how a bunch of unintelligent people run that site but they do. Didn't offer me water until an hour+ into the interview. Place was a dirty and unorganized mass of 600+ Austinites trying to all fish in the same hole. Very unprofessional atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through e-mail. We scheduled a brief phone conversation within a few days. The recruiter asked questions about my resume and past experience. After this phone conversation, the recruiter scheduled a second Interview with managers. Second interview was scheduled within a week. Due to location and quick turn around, my second interview was completed via Skype and last around 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked general questions. Tell us about yourself? Asked about past experience that related to job posting. Also asked how you would approach specific scenarios, ex. If you cannot meet a deadline, how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

You won't be able to count them to be able to avoid bias during the interview process. This means that when you are writing code for them you are being judged not judged on whether the code you are writing is correct. You are being judged on whether the interviewer is having a good day or not. The live coding problem was really to easy to screen for candidates. Focus on branding yourself well before the interview with your resume and try not to act so smart that you intimidate the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• It was the use case of the multiset. It is implemented in the google Guava libraries. The hiring manager did not know about Guava.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Albany, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I was contact by recruiter. We fixed a time for the call, because of network fluctuation I missed the call somehow. Tried to get back to interviewer, HR people immediately and many times but there was no reply. I used to email 10 times to get an answer of Simple question, finally after one and half month my interview was rescheduled.
    The interviewer asked me if I require sponsorship, I said Yes and she said thank you for your time and may be we do not offer sponsorship(She wasn't sure), and she would check with someone and would try to get back to me and she cut the call. But I was never contacted. I tried reaching to her once after that and never tried again,

Interview Questions

• Do you require sponsorship?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.