Zemax Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Zemax Interview Questions

Interviews at Zemax

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zemax

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zemax (Kirkland, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview flow was not standard - office manager replied to my online application with an editing test. I then had a phone call with hiring manager, then another editing test, then on-site interview with hiring manager. Had an unconventional but seemingly positive conversation with the hiring manager, with requests for writing samples and references at the end, and indication that next steps would be a loop talking with more of the team. I provided the requested materials and the next thing I heard a few days later was a form email saying they "had difficult decisions" but that they would not be proceeding with my candidacy. No other feedback, or even personalization.

Interview Questions

• Draw six columns on a white board, make the first two your strengths and weaknesses in your mind, the next two your strengths and weaknesses according to your managers, and the third set your strengths and weaknesses according to your peers.   1 Answer

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zemax in January 2016.

Interview

It took Zemax one month to contact me after I had submitted my resume. The first interview was a phone screening. The hiring manager answered all my questions before I had a chance to ask. It seemed important to the hiring manager that employees enjoy working at the company. The interview was nothing too challenging, no surprises.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i would be willing to move to Washington if I got the job.   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zemax (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

It's a fairly long interview. I met with six different groups (1-3 people at a time) between 10am and 3pm. They said that one of the meetings wss a lunch meeting, but that wasn't true. Based on employee answers to the questions that I asked, most of the engineers are fresh out of school.

Interview Questions

• Is regular travel to China acceptable?   3 Answers

Zemax Response

7 Dec 2015 – Director, Engineering Services

We appreciate hearing about your experience! However, as your interview was in 2012, this was not an interview with Zemax, but rather an interview with a different division of a company with whom we were once merged. We're a lot different than what you describe!

Our Optical Engineers vary in skills and experience, from junior-level staff with a few years of experience, to senior staff with decades of optical design under their belts, and nearly all have advanced degrees in optics or physics. We have teams in the US, UK, and China, and - while it would be a lot of fun to see our team there – none of our US & UK teams have ever gotten to visit China.

To help other candidates who might be interviewing at Zemax, this is what our process is like in the US. We usually start with a skype or phone interview with the hiring lead. If we think you'd be a good addition to the team, we'll bring you out to our office in Kirkland, where you get to present your skills and experience to the team - a technical presentation for engineers and scientists. We'll ask you lots of questions to see if you are a fit in terms of drive, talent, and culture. We'll then have two small group interviews, and then take you out for an informal lunch. All in all, it typically takes about 3 hours including lunch, that's it!

We're a small company and every hire we make has an impact on who we are. We’re looking for people who are super smart, driven, and have a positive attitude. We’re a company who is passionate about what we do, we value fun and having a sustainable work/life balance, and want your career at Zemax to be a long and satisfying one.

Account Manager DACH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stansted, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zemax (Stansted, England) in September 2019.

Interview

A very lengthy daily process , 3 stages and a presentation , I prepared very well and though performed well, the company did not have the decency to provide a proper feedback to the agent and just let the whole process fizzle out, totally unprofessional and contemptuous . Total waste of my valuable time. At least have the decency to give proper feedback when candidates take their time to go through this process

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.