Zoopla Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoopla (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview process has been smooth, relevant to the role and very informative around company, tech, vision and culture . Recruitment team has been very transparent and professional, being supportive from first call till the final offer!

Interview Questions

• The interview process consisted in a 30 minutes screening call. This was a great opportunity to also get a better understanding around the role and the company. I was then asked to implement a coding challenge. At first sight this seemed fairly large task, however there is an expectation that candidate would require not more than 2/4 hours to implement it. I wanted to impress so I have made sure I have covered all the important foundation (testing, reusability, scalability, DRY and SOLID principles, etc).

Next stage has been an onsite ~3h in the Zoopla HQ in Tower Bridge. This consisted into a ~1h Technical Review , where I was able to go through the technical implementation of my test. I was also asked around specific challenges such as Testing, Performances, how to manage technical debt. I found this session very nice, not the usual "Answer this question", but more of a technical conversation with likeminded people!

This was followed by a Product interview. This was mainly to understand how to bridge gaps between technology and business, how to maximise productivity, take informed decision on technical and product roadmaps, prioritise items in backlog and with which metrics. I found this part particularly interesting and insightful on the type of work and future vision of the products.

Finally, the last stage was a leadership session. Like the technical's one, this was a nice and mature conversation around some of the challenges teams face in the industry, how to deal with them (this should be backed up by real life examples :D ). As part of this session there was also an opportunity to discuss the long term vision and the various opportunities in the organisation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoopla (London, England).

Interview

The interview was a very challenging with whiteboard and on-paper problems to solve. The interviewers were quizzing my technical ability, I could also tell that one was specifically trying to see evidence of what was in my CV and portfolio to which they were not disappointed.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoopla.

Interview

That was a disappointment

Internal recruiter found me and scheduled interview via hired platform for next day providing some intro information
    I asked a questions but it was ignored. Not a problem - I thought. I had changed my plans to make interview happen but nobody called me.
    When I texted her what happen she replied that in her calendar(!) it should be another day. Well, I understand that managing two calendars could be a tricky task for some people.

I asked the same question again but she never get back to me

On the day she had in _her_ calendar nobody called me. No response. No appoligies

Interview Questions

• Interview has never happened because recruiter never called and never returned messages   Answer Question

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoopla (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

The interviewer was late for the telephonic interview. The conversation started with a generic tell me something about yourself conversation. The tonality of the interviewer had arrogance. The role was very basic and quite junior to my experience. I had applied as I had psat background of working with Real estate firms and selling their Ad Inventory. While discussing the role and experience the interviewer hung the call on face and did not bother to call back or reply back. He did not even respond to the call and email sent to him for rescheduling the interview. I am not sure if this has anything to do with my ethnicity. However, it seems the interviewer was not prepared to conduct the interview or was just conducting the interview for the sake of it. Very Poor experience, however it may be this interviewer specific experience and need not be applied to the entire company as a whole. All the best to you for being interviewed.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zoopla (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

This was for a data science position at Hometrack, a team within zoopla.

Initial screening call with a recruiter followed by a call with the head of the hiring team. Then a take-home task to be submitted a few days later. After that there was an in-person interview with two members of the team discussing the task. The final stage was a meeting with the head(s) of the adjacent teams.

The phone and in-person interviews were very relaxed and conversational, mostly without the boring standard questions. The vibe was good and I'd recommend anyone to apply here.

Interview Questions

• The first interview just discussed the take-home task.
      The second interview had some general questions about experience, perspectives etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Phone conversation with 2 interviewers. The interviewers assumed we were all in one room and sometimes they discussed things among themselves without checking if I was hearing them well at all. This showed a lack of empathy. They asked me many random open-ended questions and I think they had certain answers in their mind which they expected me to say but I probably didn't match whatever was in their mind.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoopla (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

I was approached via the hired app. I was already at late stage interviews with a couple of other companies and so I needed the interview process to happen pretty quickly. I was really impressed with how they accommodated my request, it took just one week from the initial screening call to receiving an offer. I was kept informed and had full transparency throughout the whole process which was made up of an initial screening call, a 30 min technical call, a take home coding test and a 2 hour onsite interview . I think this would normally have been longer, but as I had a 3 hour interview elsewhere that same morning, we were short on time. Instead, I had a further telephone interview with questions focussed more on culture fit the following day. I am not a big fan of interviews that include live code tests, which I find way too stressful and always fail. In contrast, I found the Zoopla hiring process to be the most inclusive and relaxed experience I've had at interview. I left with a really good idea of what it would be like to work at Zoopla and having been there just over a month I can confirm that this initial perception was pretty spot on. They have worked really hard at building the right culture and it shows.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview with three other developers was a review of the coding test I'd submitted. It was a constructive discussion where I was challenged on choices I'd made. I really enjoyed the discussion which I thought gave me a pretty good idea of what my day might look like as part of the tech team. The test had been timeboxed to 2-4 hours so I hadn't completed everything that had been requested but did make sure there were passing tests for the features I had submitted. We talked about css methodologies, accessibility and testing. The call the following day was more around culture fit where I had to give examples of my past contribution towards tackling issues within the team or where I had taken initiative to suggest an improvement to a product and how I'd gone about getting buy-in to that idea.   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Initial call with Talent Agent - roughly 30 mins.
    Technical Interview with Engineering Lead - roughly 30 mins.
    Coding test - 1-4 hours.

Zoopla did not follow up any requests for feedback.
    Each representative was late by around ten minutes for phone screens I had. Meaning that less time was spent in the sessions than what was scheduled. The timings for screens above were the scheduled time, though actual interview time was on average 20 minutes for both.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you've worked on recently that you're proud of.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoopla in November 2019.

Interview

Was contacted after meeting Zoopla employees at a recruitment event. First had an initial chat with HR where I learnt more about Zoopla and spoke through my own experience. Next I was given a coding challenge to develop.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge was straightforward but can only assume that I was not successful due to not providing unit tests.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (Front End) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoopla (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a really great process. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone that I spoke to.

1. HR interview for about 30 minutes. It covers general questions around CV, previous experience and what you're after/looking for and how/if it falls inline with the company.
    2. Technical call with an engineering lead. This was also about 30-45 minutes. It was really great, he was super knowledgeable and really friendly and it was more technical based about the technologies/tools/processes I had used previously as well as some related technical questions.
    3. I was sent a technical test. The time allocated was from 1-4 hours. I spent the max amount of time on mine because I really enjoyed it and found it very fun and really great practice. (and really wanted to do a great job).
    4. f2f- you meet with developers, product owners, engineering leads (leadership team) and HR. It was about 3.5-4 hours for me. You divulge a bit more into the test that you completed, a few technical questions and then the meeting with product is more about how you work in a team.

Overall it was a really great experience- the best interview I have ever had. The organisation was great, the different developers from different teams was a great idea as it meant that the conversations and discussions were more varied.

The offices are absolutely stunning, the moment you walk in, you feel very welcomed. I really enjoyed speaking to everyone- they all made it a very calm and relaxed situation and I never felt under pressure at any point.
    The fact that all the technical people spoke so highly of their CTPO (and even quoted him!) was really positive to me. You can really tell that this is a place of collaboration, thrives on new challenges and are all highly intelligent. I left really desperate to be offered a job! :)

Interview Questions

• *Questions related to your test
      *General technical questions (genuinely believe that it will vary according to the developers that you meet)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.