Zulily Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 349 of over 349 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Zulily

Application

I interviewed at Zulily

Interview

The process took a while end to end. Standard behavioral questions, 3 rounds of interviews: phone screening, hiring manager and 5 interviewers in the last round including the hiring manager and peers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you used data to influence stakeholders.
    Answer Question

Zulily

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Zulily in Sep 2021

Interview

Overall, a very long and frustrating process. Took over two months to get an offer, went through seven interviews with leaders at all three buildings, a little excessive for a lateral move. They kept me hanging after final interviews in early September all to tell me the old recruiter quit the company. Fast forward, another interview and then I’m finally granted the position. Stated my wants in a offer, a week later, they produce a low offer that was less than what I told the original recruiter. Company seems rather amateurish and obviously misleads people and wasted my time. I don’t recommend and would never work for them! I can see why they only promote internals, they settle for low salaries.

Interview Questions
  • Too many to recite many duplicates reworded in other interview formats

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

215 Comments

Join the conversation on

Zulily

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zulily

Interview

Panel style interview, rapid fire "scenario" questions one right after the other. No organic flow to the process, or ability to have a natural conversation. It's two sets, each an hour long. Brain draining.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and the outcome was not what you anticipated

Zulily

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zulily in Aug 2021

Interview

All via email. The HR recruiter emailed a written test wherein the candidate wrote product taglines. Not chosen for the next step, I asked for feedback on my test responses. The HR recruiter obtained the short notes from the reviewer so that I knew why I didn't match what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • In addition to the test, the recruiter asked five typical interview questions including: Tell us a time when you encountered a disagreement on creative content with a client or coworker. How did you handle it?

Zulily

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zulily in Jul 2021

Interview

It was very smooth process. The recruiter was on top of everything in follow ups. 1 technical round followed by 5 interviews ( including technical, behavioral, situational) . The interviewers were very friendly . Overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions
  • Technical heavy SQL focused. But also asked 1python question

Zulily

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zulily

Interview

The process took a lot longer than normal. There are many different recruiter experiences through the company and i have to admit that getting the right recruiter makes a difference.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zulily

Application

I interviewed at Zulily

Interview

Was very short and welcoming! It was a 30 minute interview and they asked many behavioral questions. They were very friendly and engaging which I appreciated because it made the interview less intimidating.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zulily (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Overall not a pleasant experience. Started with an analytical exercise. Reached out to HR after not getting a feedback for a couple of weeks. One month later got the feedback that I cleared the exercise. Next set of rounds was one with the HR and next with the hiring manager. Two months later I had got an email from the HR for the final panel interview. After I got the interview confirmed with the names of the interviewers in the panel one day before my panel interview again the HR had reached out saying there is an update in the interview process and they have an additional set of interview with the Hiring manager and a junior member in the team for training purpose. Overall it was a bad candidate experience with not a systematic interview process. I never had an experience with any other company like this. Every candidate deserves a feedback whether its a positive or negative. Not a positive vibe to work in such a company at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Normal expected interview questions. All related to the job you applied and your past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zulily (Seattle, WA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Red flags. I applied on the company site and a recruiter contacted me a couple days later to set up a call to which I promptly replied. She never responded, even after two follow up emails. I withdrew my application after 4 days of no response. I can’t imagine how the rest of the recruiting process would be with this poor level of communication!

Interview Questions
  • What is your availability next week for a call?

Zulily

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zulily

Interview

Recruiter was highly unprofessional. All correspondence was done via text - at times he would not respond until I followed up to coordinate the interview time. He was 15 minutes late to the initial call. We rescheduled but he called me 30 mins before the scheduled time and then tried to play it off by saying it was a 'butt dial' (exact words). He then proceeded to use words like, 'damn' and told me he would circle back with me on something but never did. Felt like I was dealing with someone who just graduated college and had no idea how to carry themselves in a professional environment. Would not work there even if they gave me an offer!

1 person found this interview helpful