Zurich North America Associate Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Associate Underwriter

Zurich North America Associate Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Zurich North America

2.3

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Phone interview then later scheduled for in person interview. Then after in person interview I never hear from them again. Zurich should at least have the decency to email candidates saying they were not selected and they have chosen someone else.

Interview Questions

• just basic overview of me going over my experience and the interviewer going over basics of what job would entail. Very easy and laid back. pay is low for the boston area however.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zurich North America

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone screening the next day. The following day I completed the phone screening, and got a call later that afternoon to schedule the in person interview. I had the interview a few days later, and got a call that afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with investigating coverage?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of a time you demonstrated team building.   1 Answer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Contacted about a week after applying online for a basic phone screening with an internal HR recruiter. Mainly discussed my experience and the job description. Two weeks later met with the hiring manager discussed my experience and the job duties and a little more about the company. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager again discussed my experience and the job description. They asked more behavioral questions focusing on working with a team. The next day I received a request to submit for a background check. They use a third party company and they contacted me 4x for info. Background check took 3 weeks to complete. Once the background was done HR said they would see how the manager wants to proceed. Got a message 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying they want to offer me the job but need internal approval. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they still want to hire me but the hiring was put on hold for a few weeks and they will contact me at that time. Never heard from them again. This process took almost 4 months. Very unprofessional to lead candidates on like this and not even give a phone call or answer follow up emails not to mention this is a very drawn out and repetitive hiring process for an entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions...they just want to see what kind of person you are   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied then the next day I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The interview was about 45mins long with basic questions such as tell me about a time when you held a leadership position, why zurich, a lot of the questions were tell me about.....
    the next week i received a call back from HR and set up a time to go to the office and meet with the VP and interview.. easier questions the following week or so i received a call back and had another phone interview since i lived far away and it was the same style interview.. i am waiting to here back from them

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't given enough information to complete an assignment   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Email first. Than phone interview. Than face to face interview. Got back to me very quickly after each (within 1-2 weeks).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much available.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Owings Mills, MD (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

The process was very quick. Had 3 in person interviews on the same day with different managers. Interview is very relaxed. They spoke about the role and wanted to know about my background. I believe at the end of the day it was more about gauging if I would fit into the culture of the newly formed team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.