Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Account Executive Interview Questions

Account executive interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

In two of the interview sessions I had to do a brief role-play mock phone-call with no script or prep time. I was expecting some kind of role-play from reading other reviews. One was for a new business, one was for an established business, and in both cases the 'business owner' had no idea who Yelp was.

1 Answer

They want to see how you will introduce Yelp to people who have no idea what it is, and probably think they don't need it. Strangely I was given no objections so it was pretty easy, but I did a good pitch (they told me). I basically asked open questions, getting them to talk, and made a bee line for finding out how old the business is, and what current forms of marketing they do. Everyone uses some word-of-mouth, so as soon as it's mentioned that's your bridge to Yelp which is basically worth-of-mouth via a social network.

If I were a duck, what duck would I be?

1 Answer

What is your sales backgrounds?

1 Answer

What do you know about the company?

1 Answer

Getting the presentation right.

1 Answer

I was asked a question about the industry of the account I was hoping to join. It was an average spend question.

why should we hire you?

1 Answer

What would you say is your greatest weakness?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work in PR?

1 Answer

There was absolutely no structure to her conversation and her random questions didn't even seem to relate to an interview. Little apology for her lateness and no courtesy in follow up. Asked about my current renumeration package, the candid stance was utterly one sided , i.e. nothing forthcoming from her side on the matter. It s one thing dealing with the sterile , interrogation style of recruiting, but this one threw in some downright rudeness and arrogance. I ll never know what Shutterstock is like as a company, but this person left a terrible impression. I certainly wouldn't want someone like this to front/represent my organisation and tar its reputation.

110 of 405 Interview Questions