Assistant psychologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Assistant psychologist Interview Questions

assistant psychologist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you react if a client mentioned suicidal ideation and asked whether you experience such thoughts?

2 Answers

If someone asked me have I ever had suicidal thoughts, I would tell them yes I have. I am a very honest person, and although it is advised not to do so, I strongly feel that being open, honest and relatable helps a person to not only understand that those type of thoughts are in fact normal but also that he or she is not alone in feeling such emotions. I would explain that even though the thoughts are normal, they are also destructive to an individual's mental, psychological, emotional, spiritual and finally, physical well being. I know how it is to feel that no one understands how you feel inside. When people self harm, they are simply trying to release the internal pain or see if the external pain feels as bad as the internal pain. Using unconditional love, compassion, understanding and spiritual knowledge, I will work towards healing the individual.

I d say that sometimes death thoughts are normal, and also suicidal ideations could be a symptom or simply thoughts; it depends on how do they fit into the patient’s history; in his her everyday life. I’d replay, and I’d say: no, personally I don’t. I think that it could be an important moment into the terapeutic relation and I’d be honest. He’s speaking of suicidal ideation and it could represent a clear help request that I don’t want to deny or not accept. I would try to go with the patient into the suicidal ideation, and i’d try to help the patient to give it a sense.

Tell us about something you're proud of from a clinical case, and something you could've improved

1 Answer

Tell us something about yourself

1 Answer

What is important about team-working?

1 Answer

Give an example of how you worked with someone with challenging behaviour.

1 Answer

Tell us about a time when you’ve worked as part of a team and what the outcomes were

Why are you applying for this role specifically and what is your experience?

Name one psychological model and how would you put that in practice?

110 of 39 Interview Questions