Associate analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Associate analyst Interview Questions

associate analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

During the telephone interview a question relating to the r squared value of the correlation (what would the difference be if r squared was closer to 1).

1 Answer

R-squared is a statistical measure of how close the data are to the fitted regression line. It is also known as the coefficient of determination, or the coefficient of multiple determination for multiple regression. The definition of R-squared is fairly straight-forward; it is the percentage of the response variable variation that is explained by a linear model. Or: R-squared = Explained variation / Total variation R-squared is always between 0 and 100%: 0% indicates that the model explains none of the variability of the response data around its mean. 100% indicates that the model explains all the variability of the response data around its mean. In general, the higher the R-squared, the better the model fits your data.

--Tell us about yourself, questions about previous jobs and my masters programme --How can your previous job help you succeed in this position --Behavioural questions: How do you deal with deadlines? / Give us an example about a time when your ideas were criticised etc.... --Questions about the company and the products it offers and how would they help investors make better decisions. --Basic macro/finance questions

1 Answer

Please describe how you would assess credit risks associated with a structured product?

1 Answer

General interview questions common for finance jobs interviews

1 Answer

Can you talk about one of the major trends affecting the banking sector?

Job description

1 Answer

From the three questions that stuck into my mind was the one about the book I am reading no / have read most recently

1 Answer

Macro economic questions (familiarise self with current events), financial ratio questions (specific to credit analysis), competency based and about Moody's methodologies.

1 Answer

How do you keep yourself informed?

110 of 55 Interview Questions