Back end developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for back end developer

Back end developer Interview Questions

back end developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

SQL: you have a table with customers, with gender m and f. Write a query to update m with f, f with m in a single query, without temporary tables

2 Answers

UPDATE customers SET gender = CASE WHEN gender = 'm' THEN 'f' WHEN gender = 'f' THEN 'm' END

$a = "VeryLongString"; return char that appears only once.

1 Answer

What would you do if I (project manager) told you I wanted something done for a client that, in your opinion, could not be done? Would you make it work regardless or would you tell me no?

Implement a class library

1 Answer

[1,6,5,4,2] -> write an algorithm to return second larger number in the array, in this case number 5

1 Answer

Given a game of snakes and ladders, show some pseudo code that would demonstrate how you would find a path to the end of the board in the shortest number of moves.

1 Answer

Why is it important to conduct studies? [paraphrased]

1 Answer

I was asked what I knew of the company and their software. What experience I had. What technologies I had previously used. And what I was looking to get out of the role.

1 Answer

Given some input and other requirements/rules, implement a solution for a ‘board game’ in either Python or Go.

1 Answer

Showed me a canonical MVC diagram of a web app and asked me to talk through potential attack vectors in each part of the architecture and how to defend against them.

110 of 19 Interview Questions