bluebird bio Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

bluebird bio Interview Questions

Interviews at bluebird bio

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bluebird bio.

Interview

very kind people, asked some questions about background and work experience. they asked if i had any questions about the company, and why i applied. i only made it to the first interview.

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bluebird bio (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

It was standard process starting with HR phone screen, phone interview with Hiring Manager and Final step was virtual interview meeting with hiring manager and the team due to covid-19

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why are you looking to apply for this job?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at bluebird bio (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

HR reached out about an opportunity. We had a great discussion and moved on to next steps which was phone interview with hiring manager. That discussion also went well and hiring manager seemed very interested in me as a candidate and said that HR will be reaching out for next round. Three weeks went by. I emailed the HR contact but no response. Then I got the system generated email about how other candidates are a better fit. For a company that prides itself on culture, I would have expected more transparency especially because I got a genuine sense of enthusiasm from the hiring manager. Meanwhile, the job is still posted. Maybe hiring freeze? Maybe I wasn't a good fit (again, I didn't get that sense)? I guess I will never know. Anyway, I had a similar experience interviewing here a couple of years ago. That actually progressed to on site interview for a job that wasn't nearly as a fit as this more recent opportunity.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Nice people. Lots of upfront prep work, minimal follow-up. Not sure there is a clear connection between job posting criteria and interview assessment. Wish there had been more vetting of my background before I blocked off so much time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience using data to make an argument.   Answer Question

Director People & Culture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bluebird bio (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Interview with internal executive recruiter, interview with hiring manager, interview with selected slate.

No communication throughout the process. Interview requests would simply appear on my calendar.

No debrief to align on feedback and lacking behavioral questions that relate to the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at bluebird bio in June 2020.

Interview

Quick and seamless process. Started off with a 15 minute exploratory call with a recruiter followed by 30 minute interview with the hiring manager a few days later and the following week interviews with their panel of 6 individuals . Recruiter stayed in contact through every step and there was very little waiting. Superb job Bluebird!

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bluebird bio in May 2020.

Interview

Too many behavioral questions. Hardly any technical questions asked. The interview lasted for approximately 5 hours. It was a virtual interview due to COVID situation. The questions were very repetitive.

Staistical Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bluebird bio.

Interview

It was a half an hour phone call interview. The interviewer was not at all intimidating and was more interested in knowing ether I was a fit for the company or not.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at bluebird bio (Cambridge, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The conversation was friendly, I was asked mostly technical questions with a few behavioral questions thrown in. I was contacted by the recruiter about two weeks later (due to the holidays) to schedule a phone call in which we discussed compensation and to schedule the onsite interview. I met with three members of the team for the onsite interview. The interview was scheduled to take an hour and a half and was to consist of three, 30 minute interviews. It ended up taking about two hours and the majority of the questions asked were behavioral and there were a few technical questions during the end. Overall, it was a positive experience!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at bluebird bio (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Walk the talk - when I was originally contacted by the recruiter it was explained to me the bbb hiring process was simple and smooth. Phone interview, on-site interview (once) and decision made. This was not the case. I had phone interview with manager, weeks later I had the on-site interview, weeks later I had more phone interviews and a week later I was informed about the decision (not selected). Although disappointed about the decision I was more disappointed with the lack of communication and follow ups (ALL done by me twice for each step). This is my talk about the walk, which as you can see is not aligned. At the end thinks happens for a reason and I am glad I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Management experience (style, expectations, development of staff),
      Sharing your experience of building a compliance function (SOP development and hierarchy, inspection readiness, etc.)
      Leadership Style   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.