Business analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Business analyst Interview Questions

1,467

business analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have a cube which is built from smaller cubes, dimensions are 10x10x10cubes. The cube fell into a bucket with red paint. How many cubes left uncoloured.

5 Answers

This is a taught answer, they want to know the logic behind your thinking. I would ask: How did it fall? did someone pushed it or it was blew by wind? At what angle did it fall? Side or middle of paint? How close was this bucket? Is the paint water base? this will determine if the cube sank or shallow. As a BA, you need to ask lots of questions and gather or analyse data before you can even begin to give answers or recommendations.

it was a straightforward question and numerical answer expected

Cube is 10 x 10 x 10 meaning W=10, L=10 D=10. To get the total number of cubes we need to calculate the area of 1 face of the cube (L10 x W10 = 100) and multiply it by D10 = 1000 cubes inside. Now if the cube fell into a bucket with red paint the only cubes that won't be colored are those on the inside. therefore we know that a cube has 6 faces, each of them has (L10 x W10) cubes, therefore 1000 - (100 x 6) = 400 cubes won't be colored.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What areas are IBM leading on?

5 Answers

Leading on from the first question, we don't have 6 months to do this so how would you do it in a "quick and dirty" way

3 Answers

The most difficult part for me was the unexpected question of how the case study solutions arrived at during the team task would be supported once the project had been implemented.

3 Answers

Where do you see the industry heading

2 Answers

'Where do you see yourself in five years'.

2 Answers

Tell me about yourself. Why Amazon?

2 Answers

Why did the company need to develop a bespoke software when it could have been cheaper to buy a commercial of the shelf software (COTS)?

2 Answers

What is the angle between the minute and hour hand at 3:16 pm?

2 Answers

How have you built effective two way relationships?

110 of 1,467 Interview Questions