Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Civil engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

Identify the critical points along a buried pipe running down a hill.

1 Answer

*If you were asked to finish the project for this weekend and you know It is not the dead line what would you do ? * You have completed a project , your next project is starting in 2 weeks time , how would you spend these 2 weeks? * You are already working for network rail and your friend asks you about the graduate scheme , what would you say to him/her?

Name the roles for a Principal Designer

1 Answer

The problem solving exercise was to suggest improvement measures for a small town divided by a heavily trafficked main road which is flanked by an ecologically sensitive area and a river with limited crossing potential.

1 Answer

To what extent and involvement did I have with preparing schedule of rates and costing estimates for various highway schemes and did I have any involvement liasing with Direct Labour Teams / Outside Contractors for said schemes.

1 Answer

How did I feel about using GIS software, AutoCad and Motts inhouse computer systems specific to Motts.

1 Answer

General questions about relevant experince.

2 Answers