Customer Assistant: Salesfloor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Customer Assistant: Salesfloor

Customer Assistant: Salesfloor Interview Questions

Customer assistant: salesfloor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you own an iPad?

1 Answer

This was a generic question to see if you know your way around an iPad, don’t worry too much about this question as I’m sure training will be provided if you didn’t know how to use one

ROLE PLAY: "Hi how can I help you?" "I am looking for the butternut squash" What I said: "It's here. Are you making a meal? You can have a vegetarian 3 for 2 meal deal for 2 people if you'd like" - After she mentioned she is cooking vegetarian for herself and a person staying with her. WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID: "I'm sorry but unfortunately it is out of stock. We have alternatives like courgette (or give another in stock alternative on the list)" If she wasn't happy with that you could offer to call up a nearby store to check if they have it. providing she was not in a rush.

1 Answer

How did you get here today and how would you get here everyday?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for M&S? (/ Why do you like M&S?)

1 Answer

How can you be flexible and how does this benefit the store?

1 Answer

They then asked how I have come across each of the 4 I's, and how I have used these in my experiences. Example: 1. Innovation How have you tried to implement something new? -By seeing that in the charitable organisation I volunteer for, the donations were not coming in as they should have. I suggested we try another technique and I realised it work. 2. Integrity How have you done something the right way and succeeded? - When I was working at the call centre, I had only been working there a few days where I encountered a rude customer over the phone. Since I had no idea of how to deal with this, I sought help from a colleague who told me to hang up. I know this was not the right thing to do as it was cutting a corner. I managed to calm him down and apologise, I told him that someone more knowledgeable would call him back after and he finally agreed. I follow the rules so it does not cause a problem for myself or anyone else afterwards. 3. Inspiration How have you inspired someone or a group of people? -In an art presentation at college, everyone was told to do a project on something that means alot to them. I used banksy which is a political movement artist. This inspired people in my class to do the same and move away from the older artists that were in the examples given to us. I thought outside the box with my creativity and this ushered others to do the same. 4. In-touch How were you in touch? -At the charitable organisation, we wanted to not only attract the target audience but also engage with them. I set up a suggestions box which enabled us to understand what the people wanted and how they would feel more comfortable with donating using interaction. He did ask me if all of these worked, and what the results were.

What are the 4 I's?

1 Answer

What do you think M&S expects from a customer assistant?

1 Answer

What is your opinion on the use of iPads