Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Department Manager Interview Questions

Department manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Unfortunately the department manager seemed to be less informed and educated about running a store than I was. I was fully prepared to talk about my previous experience in department management and yet she was asking very generalised questions and seemed impressed when I tried to turn the conversation back to the topic... the job.

1 Answer

I received an offer and politely declined due to realising the lack of care that anyone in the store had for their job. I received another offer from a high street store with a better salary and work ethic, and accepted that.

what were the negative issues raised from your last companies performance review.

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in the future

2 Answers

Describe your best friend..

1 Answer

Previous experience, SWOT, general interview questions

General competency questions regarding previous experience. "if you had a big till queue, delivery rail waiting to go out, a screaming child lost in the store and a puddle on your floor, what would you do first?"

1 Answer

What would i do if a customer brought an item back that had clearly been used but wanted a refund?

What did you do when one of your employees did not response to your orders.

1 Answer

How would you help a customer that did not want help?

Give an example of a time where you dealt with a difficult employee.

110 of 44 Interview Questions