Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Department Manager Interview Questions

Department manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

About my current position my previous role, managing people and conflicts, coaching,...

2 Answers

The interview was not so bad. The panel was not very welcoming and suspicious about my changing job role so quickly. Never happened to me before. I clearly requested at the end of the interview a constructive feedback that I never received.

They didn't provide feedback because they are careless. I have worked for King's for over a year on a temporary contract. I know what their policies say and assure you HR do not always comply with them (yet expect other employees and interviewees to comply, hypocritically). For instance, they never notified me a fixed number of months before my contact expired (contrary to one of their policies). They were sloppy and notified me AFTER the month they should have. When I went for interviews after contract expiry, it was a nightmare getting feedback. For one interview, not a single panel interviewer passed my application status to HR! When contacting HR, they did nothing for while before finally taking action. Shows you how inconsiderate they are. Here is a tip for you. If you want feedback on your interview performance, ask in the interview if they have a policy stating feedback could be offered. If the interviewers are unsure, ask them if they can offer feedback explaining the decision. If they do have a policy and don't give feedback, you can always raise a complaint against the panel for flouting their very own policy.

Where do you see yourself in the future

2 Answers

Competency Based questions. “Give me an example of how you identified, and then improved an underperforming section/brand”.

1 Answer

What would be your biggest challenge if you get the job?

1 Answer

Describe a time when you have adapted your communication style to suit..

General discussion

1 Answer

What would you do if one of your sales assistants was refusing to complete a task you had given him / her?

1 Answer

What could you say that your fellow subordinates learned from you in your last job?

1 Answer

What would you do if your team is under pressure to work in a way that isn't "best practice"? For example, delivering a specific thing in a way that's not "agile"?

1 Answer

Give an example of a time where you dealt with a difficult employee.

110 of 68 Interview Questions