dunnhumby Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at dunnhumby

2.8

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

All the hiring process was successfully managed remotely.

Phone screening with talent partner, first interview with hiring manager to scope motivations for applying to the role and a second technical interview with a wider group of stakeholders. A third interview with a senior stakeholder can also be required.

Hiring process was managed in a very professional manner. I had timely updates and salary / benefits conversations were fair and transparent. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role?
      Why do you want to be hired for this role?
      Explain me why you are the best candidate for the role.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The place was cool, the process was also satisfactory, the interview was for Project Manager role, but the questions suddenly change to for business change manager, my personal view is the interviewer was confused about the role & position.

Interview Questions

• what is project? what is business change management? normal project management related questions.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online, had a screening call set up with a recruiter than last around 10 minutes about salary expectations etc.
    I then heard nothing.
    I chased the recruiter *3 weeks later* who said they were now shortlisting and they’d be in contact soon.
    Another *3 weeks* still no response

Senior Product Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to HR, organised phone interview. They seemed positive during the interview but failed to get back to or give me any feedback due to communication issues between the head of HR conducting the interviews and the internal recruiter who organising the interviews. I had to chase them a few times before they eventually got back to me to organise the next round - but by that time fortunately I had secured another role. I got the impression of a poorly run and chaotic HR team - do better guys, and instead of talking the talk about fuzzy culture stuff - actually try and get the basics right.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual - nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

After doing a phone interview and 2 interviews in person with a presentation, I never heard back from them. I found their HR to be quite unprofessional and after emailing them to request some feedback from the final interview, the person I was dealing with kept postponing the decision 1 week, after asking her once a week for a month I gave up. It was obvious I didn't get the job after a week passed but I thought the least they can do is tell me no and give me some type of feedback? Baffled by their HR team!

Interview Questions

• Prepare a SWOT analysis on your suitability to the role = 20 mins   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, take home assignment and on site interviews with presentation of my findings.
    Overall enjoyed the process and my final interview. I was contacted to be informed that they wanted me to join their team, so when we begun the negotiation and I was waiting for the final yes/no, I didn't receive any email/phone for the next 2 weeks. Finally, after the 2 weeks the recruiter contacted me to say that the position had been cancelled. Needless to say, I received no compensation for my commute to London.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: salary expectations, why leaving your role, why join DH.
      Onsite: questions based on my CV, SQL, why join DH   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Sent application, online test (numeracy - not too difficult but a bit time pressured), video interview (behavioural questions), assessment centre (presentation, interview & group exercise). Dunnhumby were very responsive throughout, sending regular email reminders and leaving voicemails.

Interview Questions

• How do Dunnhumby collect their data? What does the Tesco Clubcard do? Typical competency questions   Answer Question

8 Feb 2019 – HR Manager

Congratulations and welcome to the team! Thank you for sharing your feedback here and I’m glad you had a positive interview experience with us. I hope you're settling in well.

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

Online video interview followed by an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of a case study and presentation, one 30 minute interview and a group activity. The organisation of the assessment day was quite poor as it resulted in candidates waiting over one hour between events. The case study was related to the retail sector and you are given 45 minutes in which to prepare a 15 minute presentation with a following 10 minutes of questions. The interview is competency based and they ask questions related to the company's core values.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Application form - online test - prerecorded video interview - assessment day.
    8 other applicants. Personal interview (30min). Presentation based on 2 cases (30min). Group task - what would you take on the lonely island (10min)

Interview Questions

dunnhumby Response

20 Feb 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. It is useful, and no doubt will help others who are going through the recruitment process with dunnhumby too. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Senior Client Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

I got this through a recruiter. Overall the process took really long. After having a chat with the recruiter it took nearly a month for me to get my first interview with the hiring team. Likely due to it being summer and several people on leave. The first interview was online via webcam and was with a very enthusiastic lady and went really well. Both me and the interviewer were quite impressed with each other. I was asked general questions about my current and previous roles, what i liked about my current role, why Dunnhumby why I wanted to leave my current organization and about which recent trend in the FMCG sector I found fascinating and why. As mentioned me and the interviewer were on the same page throughout and she immediately relayed to the recruiter (post the interview) that they would like to meet in person. An in-person meeting was set for a week and a half later. The in person interview started with a case study where I was given sheets of paper printed front and back and a few blank sheets of paper were provided and i was expected to look at the data and piece together a story and make recommendations based on the objectives that were set out. Unfortunately, i have 0 experience of working with paper for presentations and it being printed front and back means its difficult to look at 2 data points simultaneously. I got a bit anxious and this threw me completely off my game. An hour later the two interviewers came back and asked me to present. They introduced themselves and came across as friendly but really dull and serious with barely a smile. I totally tanked my presentation as i was just reading points i had penned down on paper and the points i was making didnt come across clearly given that i was not used to making presentations from data on paper. After this the interviewers had a couple of questions on the case then started with the interview. After 10 minutes into the interview i could read from one of the interviewers body language and tone that they had already made up their mind. Also they would constantly check their watch which was distracting. They seemed to be looking for very specific answers and came across as rigid and closed to how others/other organisations may be doing things differently. They seemed to want people who stick to fixed structures of operating that they are used to. Just my opinion/suggestion but sometimes things need to change to improve - fixed structures get outdated in the blink of an eye and one should be open to recognising the merits of how different organisations work differently. I heard from the recruiter a day later that I didn't get selected as I tanked the case study and didn't make a very strong case for myself. Which I thought was fair. Overall I think its good as I probably wouldn't be a good fit there. But am happy that the people I met were courteous and nice despite us not being on the same wavelength.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy the most about your previous role?   Answer Question
    • How would you plan the account for a client you got?   Answer Question
    • How would you build relationships with a small client if you were not on site frequently?   Answer Question
    • Why Dunnhumby?   Answer Question
    • How is it that you would scope for potential projects/opportunities in your current role? How would you go about it if you got this job at Dunnhumby?   Answer Question
    • How do you grow the relationship with your current client in your current role?   Answer Question
    • As a leader of a team how did you lead to ensure your KPIs were met in your previous role?   Answer Question

14 Sep 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We are appreciative of the points that you have raised and are committed to continuous improvement. I’m sorry to hear things didn't work out for you on this occasion and I wish you all the best for the future.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.