dunnhumby Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at dunnhumby

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in March 2012.

Interview

They ask about previous experience and why would you like to join them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview which was fine and pretty standard (competency-based). In the following stage, I had a face-to-face interview at their London offices, for which I needed to prepare a presentation and it also included a SQL test.
    For the most part, my two interviewers seemed completely uninterested throughout the whole interview and my presentation. They challenged all the ideas I presented, notably not in a way that generates interesting discussion and a sharing of opinions, but as if to bluntly show me up just because I had a different opinion from them. I left with the certainty that I do not want to join such an unwelcoming company.
    Here's the thing though: They never even bothered to give me a call. I had a phone interview, travelled to their offices for a face-to-face interview, prepared a presentation. Basically put in all this time and effort, yet they never even bothered to reply (it has been almost 6 weeks since my interview now). Never would I want to work for a company that treats their applicants like this.

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, one with HR one with Insight Director. the HR interview was with a professional whom I discussed my previous employment status and my experience and my main reasons for joining. Was fairly simple. Second infterview was a Blockbuster presentation to describe how to optimise blockbuster marketing campaign efforts.

Interview Questions

• How would you segment customers to drive sales?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Sent application, online test (numeracy - not too difficult but a bit time pressured), video interview (behavioural questions), assessment centre (presentation, interview & group exercise). Dunnhumby were very responsive throughout, sending regular email reminders and leaving voicemails.

Interview Questions

• How do Dunnhumby collect their data? What does the Tesco Clubcard do? Typical competency questions   Answer Question

8 Feb 2019 – HR Manager

Congratulations and welcome to the team! Thank you for sharing your feedback here and I’m glad you had a positive interview experience with us. I hope you're settling in well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England).

Interview

Applied online, numerical test, phone interview lasting around 30minutes and invited to assessment day (interview, numerical test, case study). Case study: given 1 hour to work on a presentation, analysing data and preparing a report to present giving insight and advice. Numerical test is the standard online test as given before.

Interview Questions

• Situation where you used your team working skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Went straight to a F2F interview - but for a different role than I had applied which was the first concern. After the interview waited for feedback and waited for feedback, no contact and despite sending an email stating they had not come back to me still nothing. How this candidate experience fits with the values they state on the website I have no idea! During the interview I was told what a wonderful place it is to work, like a family blah blah blah. Respect for candidates should be added to their values.

Interview Questions

dunnhumby Response

6 Jul 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I'm really sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience. We’d be really interested to hear more detail about your experience to help... More

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through an online grad scheme application. Then had to do a maths test, verbal reasoning test, and a phone interview. Went to the assessment day - be warned that it was overwhelmingly filled with Oxbridge graduates (of which I was not). There I had to do another maths test, a group discussion, a personal interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favourite ad campaign and explain why you think it's great (since I was expecting questions about data and the market but not necessarily advertising)   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England).

Interview

The process lasted approximately 2 months. The format is the same as everyone else explain.
    1. CV + Cover letter and (I think) you automatically get invited to the psychometric tests - very straightforward Kenexa test.
    2. Phone interview: very relaxed with the basic 'why us', 'why this role', 'why are you suitable', 'why did you choose your degree+uni' and then a few competency questions (nothing unexpected). There were also a couple of brainteasers in the end.
    3. A month later I was invited to the AC at their office in London which started with a presentation on the company, followed by a case study which you had to work on for 60'-90' and then you presented your findings to two lovely dunnhumbians. Afterwards, you get a break and a chance to talk to some current graduates and ask whatever you want. This is followed by a 1-1 interview (technically it was a 2-1 interview, but I reckon one of them was there to learn more about the hiring/interviewing process), and, lastly, there was a group exercise which can be loads of fun. You are given a case study and you talk to your teammates about possible solutions to 2 questions.

General advice: DH is very friendly - everyone says it, but they actually are and the HR team is more than happy to help. Go over the questions people post here about the phone interview and you will be perfectly prepared. For the assessment centre the only think I can say is that you need to be well prepared and really understand what DH does, who our competitors are, etc. and honestly be yourself. I thought I had completely failed my AC but apparently they liked me.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially, you have to do a 15min presentation based on a given study. They give you 1 hour to prepare where you can keep notes. After that there is a 45min interview and a mock group meeting.

Interview Questions

dunnhumby Response

6 Jul 2018 – HR Manager

Congratulations on the new position and thank you for sharing your feedback with us - pleased to hear it went well.

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

Online video interview followed by an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of a case study and presentation, one 30 minute interview and a group activity. The organisation of the assessment day was quite poor as it resulted in candidates waiting over one hour between events. The case study was related to the retail sector and you are given 45 minutes in which to prepare a 15 minute presentation with a following 10 minutes of questions. The interview is competency based and they ask questions related to the company's core values.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.