eBay Customer Solutions Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Customer Solutions Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

3.1

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Interview

Typical screening questions regarding how you work well under pressure, how you dealt with a customer who had high demands, and how you problem solve on your own. Not very conversational - just tried to get the answers from me to move on to the next.

Interview Questions

• When you were put in a high pressure situation, how did you get to a resolution?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Then asked to come in for personal interview. Given a tour of facility then sat with current rep to listen in on incoming calls. After, had to take simulation test where you were asked to complete certain task asked by the caller using their system. Having only sat with a rep for 30 min, I was not paying so much attention to have she made necessary changes but more to the call itself. BIG MISTAKE! Being unfamiliar with how their system worked, I did not pass the minimum score they require to move on to the next interview phase.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview. What are your strengths?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a standard phone interview with generic call center questions. The second interview was a skills assessment which determined how fast you type and how well you do customer service activities. Directly after skills assessment a formal interview with standard questions was performed if you passed the assessments.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you encountered... and how you handled that situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The majority of the questions asked were situation based, starting with "Tell me about a time..." so on and so forth. The recruiters that I was in contact with were consistently very professional and informative, while still showing a glimpse of the light-hearted spirit of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

We had 5 interviews! 2 - on the phone, 1 - with 2 managers, and 2 tests. One test was a phone call imitation, testing on how fast you learn the process. The second was a writing test in a foreign language that we applied to work in. One of the question from the test was: Describe what eBay can do to give back to community.The entire hiring process took almost a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation from your experience where you went above and beyond the customer expectations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

eBay has a very extensive hiring process but didn't feel tedious because I really wanted the job. There is the initial application and assessment, then a phone interview, the second application (information for background check), referral surveys, you have to have 3 previous coworkers and 2 previous supervisors complete a survey about you via email, (getting people to agree was easy, but getting people to follow through, not so easy, I had to send about 10 surveys to get all of mine completed. Then they have you come in to speak with a recruiter about what the job is like, take a typing and skills test, then you'll sit with an agent to listen to a call, and if you still want to to work there, THEN you get an interview. The questions they ask are really difficult and all kind of sound the same, its all about sharing examples of past work experience for customer service, so be prepared with multiple examples.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you learned something on the job and had to make a quick decision.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a situation that you did not handle the way you wanted to.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, the starting wage for my position was firm, and there were three set schedules to chose from with no flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

It took many applications and a job fair to get an interview, then at that point it took 3 months to receive an offer.. After that I had to wait another 3 month's for an open training class. This was 4 years ago, & with a new building it seems eBay has lowered the application qualifications & started hiring children. There's training classes all the time now with over 20 people (my class was 8 to put it in perspective 4 of which were current employees) I can only gather that the process has sped up, but the issue with continually being denied for no real reason is still rampant.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.