eBay Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

Community Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I was hired by email, ICQ and one phone call. I was asked to submit a resumé. I didn't apply for the job. I came to their attention by posting on one of the chat boards and interacting with eBay users. I started out in SafeHarbor, the original fraud investigation unit. After two years, I was moved to Community Development.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to take the job, work from home on my computer. I worked "remote" for almost all of my over nine years of employment.   5 Answers

Negotiation

This was in 1997, when the company was very young, and I was just astonished to be asked to consider the job. It didn't occur to me to "negotiate." I worked for the company until April 2007 when I retired.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had several phone interviews. Came in for an all day round of interviews. Had to do a case study. Every person I encountered was friendly and very professional. They seemed smart and interested in their work. But the whole process took a month, from initial contact to offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was what I was expecting

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had attended two Phone Interviews. 1) HR call - questions regarding our behaviour and 2) Technical Call - Very deep conceptual questions. All the questions are related to algorithms. Very difficult for experienced persons to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Very deep conceptual questions in java   3 Answers

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

telephonic then in-person i got rejected in telephonic itself . asked few questions about java and oops concepts and some coding question and one analytical question just asked how you will solve that in an optimized manner

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a consulting company for the developer position at eBay, set up an interview for phone screen. Asked about prior ebay experience and ebay tool experience (CAL). explained that I have used this tool for my development purpose to track a defect. Asked about MS Excel VLookup function and usage, asked that difficulty in processing Excel documents. How do you calculate avg for a response time for a given requests (say out 3 requests 1 took 150 ms, 2 req took 300 each).

Interview Questions

• What is CAL ( ebay tool ), and usage?   3 Answers
    • Waht is MS Excel VLookup function and usage?   2 Answers
    • How do you calculate avg for a response time for a given requests (say out 3 requests 1 took 150 ms, 2 req took 300 each).   2 Answers

Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Not very technical...focuses more on behaviours and is pretty straightforward. Its more about fit than anything else. You will likely meet 4-7 people and it will take many weeks.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Called for interview

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about programming   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interview rounds, was asked questions/programs in Java (Collections, Multithreading, OO concepts) , Data-Structures (Stack and Queue), Design Patterns (Singleton), SQL, C++. More questions about my previous work experience, school projects.
    Both were telephonic rounds.

Interview Questions

• If I mark an arraylist as final, can i add more elements to it?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay in January 2014.

Interview

I appied online. It took about 30 days to get call from HR. They scheduled a 40 mins technical phone interview with me. The interviewer is not responsive to my answers. Even though I was pretty sure some of the answers of the questions, but it still made me really nervous.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between stack and heap in memory   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

It was very ad-hoc due to some informal timing. It started with a career fair at my university. I had a screening interview, and then applied online. A few weeks later I was contacted to come on campus for interviews. I met with a couple of teams in platforms and services, and had some excellent conversations with the managers.

Interview Questions

Still evaluating, but I have a better one waiting.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.