eBay Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

I was essentially told the main challenge of the role and I was tasked with coming up with a powerpoint presentation of no more then 6-8 slides showing how I would handle the problem. Basically what my strategic plan would be if I got the role. I had about 10 days to work on it (worked on it at nights when I got off my current job and on the weekends). When I came in for interviews I had about 8 - 30 minute interviews and at the end of the day I had to present my strategic plan.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would describe my management style and what kind of management styles do I like?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (London, England).

Interview

Applied for a marketing internship in the London office. I had an initial 5 minute phone call with a recruiter, followed by a 25 minute interview on Zoom with two members of the marketing team. Everyone was really nice, they put me at ease and the mood was quite relaxed.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about yourself.
      - Why do you want to work at eBay?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I saw the ad on linkedin and then applied via Workday, interviewed by line manager. The application was easy and did not require a cover letter. In total it took a week and the manager was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied for a role after seeing it on LinkedIn. Had first call with HR, who then promised to confirm date of interview. And it all went downhill from there.

- 2.5 month long interview process, very slow, primarily due to time lag between arranging subsequent rounds
    - HR personnel here are shocking! I dealt with atleast 5 different people. No phone numbers provided either, so felt very impersonal
    - No updates whatsoever through the process. Even when contacted to check, HR ignore emails and don’t bother to respond
    - After all of this, had to chase for an update to be told weeks later the role had been withdrawn. Now I know this happens, but the right thing to do is inform candidates who have invested time, effort and energy into an extensive and drawn out interview process

The business people I met were lovely, but honestly the HR needs sorting out. They are the first interaction with prospective candidates, and they need to be acting in a more professional and thoughtful manner.

It’s as much about the candidate liking the company, as it is the other way around!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people. 2 immediate hiring manager, 1 their boss and another a co-worker.
    I was interviewed by two direct bosses on the first day. And 1 co-worker
    The final interviewed was conducted by the head of department a week later
    Different methods were used by each interviewers. Some were scenario based, others were just understanding my background and experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

it was fairly simple, i went in for 3 interviews and did a presentation and then got offered role and then i took it and started in 4 weeks time

Marketing Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an interview.
    It was not too simple in the beginning since they have specific wants in the resume and stuff
    however, I managed and was able to get the position.
    During the interveiw they asked me a few behavioural questions and they also asked me what i did in the past internships. I had to say what kind of leadership roles i took during my past internship and they also asked what were my weaknesses during that time.
    Overall interview was not too bad, maybe because it was for a random marketing intern position.
    Overall good,and i had a great experience working at ebay.

Interview Questions

• What were your weakness during your leadership role   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by HR, very positive experience. Very nice person in HR.
    Interviewed by VP, surprisingly rude and uninterested.
    Focused on b2b experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.