eBay Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter screening Call
Hiring Manager Call
Onsite Interview

All the rounds were scheduled on zoom. The coordinator had some technical issue on the day of the interview, and the zoom link wouldn't work for me. Besides that everything else was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Panel interviews - An activity to solve.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay in September 2020.

Interview

Completed a phone screen with a recruiter. She reached out over email and asked me to call her for 15 minutes. She asked me 2-3 interview type questions, then explained next step was to chat with the HM. I heard back less than 48 hours later that they were moving me forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict   1 Answer
    • Walk me through your recent experience   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. The hiring manager and the panel were friendly and courteous. Some senior interviewers made it seem like a pleasant discussion. I was asked behavioral questions and also process questions of how I would brainstorm and move forward with the project.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and also estimation questions like how much time do you spend creating user stories?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in March 2020.

Interview

received an interview call from recruiter. he guided me thru the interview process. I have also been interviewed by director of pm, tech head. Other interviews are in progress. i am expecting to receive a case in next round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions: experience working in opm, why ebay, how would you improve our product?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

The process was straight forward but the overall experience was terrible.

I got a rather long questionnaire from the recruiter before the first conversation. The questionnaire was used for a team match following which I had an initial managerial discussion. It was a 30 minute conversation with a lot squeezed in.

The first 15 were about my experience and the manager sharing a bit about the role. In the remaining 15, I was asked for 3 product sense questions! Given the time crunch, I feel it didn’t set me up for success and it looked like the manager was looking for a clever answer instead of a structured process. When I attempted to follow a framework like AARM/Circles, I was cut off with “Just tell me what the solution should be”

Overall, it was a very underwhelming experience and feels like a very mediocre process without real science to it.

The creme de la creme, of course, was that the recruiter ghosted me and hasn’t bothered responding in weeks now. I followed up twice and gave up.

Interview Questions

• If a new form of payment is launched, what parameters should be used to measure success?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

I was contacted by HR over email and then a phone interview was scheduled with Hiring Manager. This was with their payment platform team based out of San Jose office. The phone interview went for 30-45 min.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2018.

Interview

2-3 rounds of phone interviews and intense full-day on-site, including a case study presentation. given a case and 2 hr preparation time. Lunchtime is also the interview session so. so highly recommend taking light snacks and candies with you. ask for a break if you need.

Interview Questions

• case study presentation + 4-5 rounds of 1-1   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

One hour interview over the phone. The interview was with hiring manager and was of half hour but the interview extended to 1 hours and the very next day I got the job offer. The interview was technical and asked about my overall product manager knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Favorite product
      How do you decide which features are the best for a product
      Basic machine learning concepts   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I got first a quick phone screen with the University recruiter person, then I got an email to interview on site at the San Jose headquarters. The interview process on site lasted around 2 1/2 hours and it was very interesting. People there were very nice. I interviewed with around 10 more candidates. I had two different interviews with two Product Managers, and each one lasted around 45 minutes.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in November 2016.

Interview

Got an interview at the campus recruiting event. Passed the interview. Then talked to the HR on a phone call. Then passed a skype interview with a product manager, and finally failed at the second Skype interview with a senior product manager. No behaviorals, surprisingly. The first Skype interview asked about resume and basic pm questions. The second Skype interview was intense on PM questions, like what do you think of this eBay product, why was it designed that way, how would you improve it. Also got asked if I know any machine learning algorithm.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.