eBay Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay in January 2021.

Interview

Applied to a few roles on Ebay's career website, received a response to provide time the following week with a hiring manager.

I provided available times and asked which role ID the hiring manager chat was about. I received a scheduling invite but never heard back about which role until I talked with the hiring manager.

Hiring manager joined the zoom call but never bothered to turn her video on. Interviewer had me jump straight into my background and case questions. Interviewer kept asking "anything else?" during my answers to case questions and otherwise seemed totally disinterested in the interview.

Interview Questions

• "How would you go about creating a shuttle transportation system for eBay employees?"
    "What metrics, KPIs, or demographics would you use to determine payment methods to suggest for a user?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2020.

Interview

Hiring manager and interview panel were great. However, the recruiting team is a mess. The recruiter sold me a completely different role in the hiring screen. Fortunately the hiring manager clarified and it still seemed like a good fit so I continued with the process. Mid-process, I was scheduled for the wrong set of interviews and then the coordinators kept trying to reschedule me last minute. It was such an exhausting process back and forth with recruiting and definitely put a damper on the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      Why Ebay   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out - basic resume information.
    30 mins phone interview with the hiring manager - friendly person, basic questions on your resume.
    Next step was on-site. 6 interviews.
    1 - Sr Director: Culture fit round. A lot of questions on leadership and achievements.
    2 - Engineering Lead: questions on Agile methodology
    3 - Peer: case study and brainstorming session
    4 - architecture - lunch and interview: focus on my technical skills whether I understand them or not. High level.
    5 - VP: Culture fit - leadership questions
    6 - Hiring Manager - challenging situation and why this team?

Interview Questions

• Why eBay?   3 Answers
    • Explain any technical concept to an alien? (APIs)   2 Answers
    • How will you solve XYZ situation? (Problem related to team)   1 Answer
    • Leadership questions   1 Answer
    • Challenging situation question   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall good experience. The process was well organized. The process began with an employee referral, followed by a prescreening and an on-site interview. 6 rounds of interview onsite. The interview had both technical and non-technical aspects. Interviewers were courteous and always helpful in clarifying your queries.

Interview Questions

• What is the app that you are most impressed with and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Overall took 4 weeks, very, very long! I was left with a filling that everything was done for a show. they had internal candidate and just needed to go through the process of interviewing external candidates to justify their internal hire.

Interview Questions

• Was given an assignment, asked to prepare presentation and deliver it for a group.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Some behavioral and company fit interviews followed by an impromptu case study presentation. The recruiters were extremely unprofessional with lapses between communication and when they finally sent me a schedule, it had another candidate's name on the agenda.

Interview Questions

• Was given an assignment, asked to prepare presentation and deliver it for a group.   2 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

interviewed with 10 persons from Product, Engineering and Architect teams one by one. Each session lasts for 45 minutes, as some team members are located remotely, there is also a video conference set up for that session.

Interview Questions

• mainly asked for your background, your understanding of the role you applied and how you behaves when facing conflicts   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Had a friend submit my resume internally. Heard back within a week from a recruiter. What followed for the next 6-7 weeks was 1 HR interview, 1 in-person informational with the hiring manager, 5 more in-person interviews with the team over the next few weeks before a final round each with the hiring manager and VP. Was made an offer the next day after the final VP meeting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation was mainly in terms of increasing the 'equity make good'. No room for base pay or level bump negotiations

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Saw an ad on linkedin, followed up, was contacted within a week.
    Had a round of phone interviews a week later.
    Onsite Interview two weeks later.
    Had an offer extended to me two weeks after that.
    Negotiated to higher grade level

Interview Questions

• Interview panel is a random crap shoot as they rely on the hiring manager to suggest folks who can interview you. If any of them are unavailable or in need of substitute, they grab anyone really.

With that said, no guideline when it comes to interview questions, if you know your stuff and show vision you'll have a good chance. Really can't fake this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice is, find out what grade level you are offered the job at, and try to get one level higher if possible. Between 23-25 this may be possible, any higher I doubt you can.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted a resume online, and received a callback from the internal recruiter.
    Overall the process was very professional, and the people are very personable and genuine.
    The recruiter wanted to make sure I was really going to relocate to the Bay Area.
    Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager. That focused on clarifying my experience and how it was relevant.
    Next after a few weeks (due to scheduling) I went onsite for a day of interviews - five meeting total.

Interview Questions

• Best question was "what work accomplishment are you most proud and why"?   Answer Question

Not enough in the offer to justify relocation. Be sure when looking at Bay Area (if you are not already there) the real cost of living, relative to the offer (which may look rich at first).

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.