eBay Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

eBay Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at eBay

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to setup TPS. I believe I did pretty well in the TPS and interviewer looked satisfied with the solution, But like others have experienced here, the recruiter reached out the same evening saying hiring manager has decided to move forward with the other candidate. It did not make any sense, waste of 45 minutes. Most likely they are just setting up interviews for H1B / labor certifications. Stay away from interviewing at eBay

Interview Questions

• Leet code 'medium' category problem   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Contacted by HR. Then followed by a technical interview. Went pretty well on the technical interview. Even the interview said he hopes to see me in the future at the end. But only to get a rejection saying they chose other candidates on the same day of the technical interview. Completely surprise and a waste of time. If they already know my background does not match, why bothered set up a tech screen? But I never wanted to go to a company that is going down the decade anyway...

Interview Questions

• Design some ebay API + coding LC medium top 100   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then phone interview with manager, nothing fancy.
    I was asked about my current role and was asked a few client server questions, It was pretty fair.

Interview Questions

• General architecture questions, no coding   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position on Ebay's career site. Within a week I was contacted by a recruiter who described the role and the interview process. Within a couple of days after the initial contact with the recruiter, I was invited to do a phone interview using a shared online editor. I did spectacularly on the phone screen. The interviewer told me on the spot that I will be called for an onsite interview.
    Within a couple of days after the phone screen, I was contacted by the recruiter (a different one from the original recruiter) who introduced me to a lady who was in charge of setting up the interview and other logistics. The onsite interview was held mid-December, 2018. Once again I did really well in the multiple onsite interviews.

However, it has been almost a month and I still haven't received any feedback about the result of the interview. I have sent out emails to each of the three recruiting personnel who participated in setting up interviews, but none of them have even acknowledged the receipt of my emails.

This leads me to conclude that I was not a "culture-fit" since I am a middle aged woman. They want me to just go away without their having to say so explicitly. This is because they don't have the courage to do this since I did extremely well in the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

In-person interview with 5 team members. The first interviewer gave brief overview of the project the team is working on and started with background experience.
    The second and third interviewers were technical questions on my previous experience again.
    The fourth one was with manager over lunch.
    The final one was with another manager from some other team, also technical over process and inter-team communication skills.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write program to identify if two subnets collide.   1 Answer
    • 2. Write program to convert a BST to heap (such as the largest number is root, the second largest is to the left of root, the third largest to right of root and so on)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Horrible. They did not even let me eat lunch in peace. The lady who took me out to lunch also asked me interview questions there. Very annoying! I would never wanna interview with them again.

Interview Questions

• Memory tuning on millions of product objects.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, longer phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager and team members, brief skills test, long tour. I was introduced to the team and had the opportunity to ask as many questions as I wanted to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call from the recruiter who mentioned that eBay is their direct client. The recruiter herself asked some basic Core Java questions. Then they send me a email to solve a technical question and write up about my experience in cloud computing.

Interview Questions

• Write a program in Java to assess a given string whether it complies with following patterns. Return true if a given string complies with these patterns else false.

N = N1 + N2
      N>= N1 >= N2
      where N is the Nth element in the string or element at Nth position;
      N1 is the (N-1) element in the string & N2 is the (N-2) element in the string.

Example 1: 224610
      Elements in this string are 2, 2, 4, 6, 10.
      First Set: 2+2=4 (N2=2; N1=2 & N= 4);
      Second Set: 2+4=6 (N2=2; N1=4 & N=6);
      Third Set: 4+6=10 (N2=4; N1=6 & N= 10)

Example 2: 1112233558
      Elements in this string are 1, 11, 12, 23, 35, 58

Example 3: 1101102203
      Elements in this string are 1, 101, 102, 203   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

2 Phone screens and an onsite

Interview Questions

• core computer science and usual interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiated and agreed on mutually accepted offer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

2 skype interviews. Usually programming. Gayle lakman book algorithm questions.

4 onsite technical interivews which are agian from same book.

3 skype or onsite rounds with director/manager which can be combination of algorithms and managerial questions.

Interview Questions

• Given staircase on which you can climb 1,2 or 3 steps at time. Give count of all combinations to reach top of staircase.

Doubly linked list, find middle element and delete.

Remove all occurence of a character out of string in array.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Usually what you ask is what you get. Sometimes less than that. So they often bump up the joining bonus and relocation bonus to match up. Note that joining bonus are subject to 44% tax.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.