eBay Interview Questions in Shanghai, Shanghai | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at eBay

3.5

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2017.

Interview

just one onsite interview at the Shanghai office with team members of the team I applied for.
    The interview lasts for 2 hours. And I got the offer about two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• past experience, IQ questions, assume a business problem and ask for your logic to solve this.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds Phone interview, 3 round onsite interview.
    The Tech lead asked some tech questions in China.
    And the US team member communicated the project experience.
    China Manger and US manager talked about the personal issue and the team status, and tested personal communicate skill and IQ.
    When HR manager offer you, there is a standard for engineer level, no extra space to be argued.

Interview Questions

• How to design a lock free data structure that can handle massive data read and write.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2014.

Interview

I apply the internship via bbs. About 1 week later, I received a programming test (Some JavaScript problems). After that, a phone interview about virtual member function, dangling pointer and so on. Finally, onsite in eBay, Shanghai office, with 2 questions, Reverse linked list & LCS. The interviewer was nice, and I accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

I was recommended by my university classmates. There are one phone interview, five on-site interviews, including one hr interview and four technology interviews.

Interview Questions

• They valued modeling very much, such as train ticket ordering system, crossroad light design etc. Besides, They asked many java basis, not many algorithms. I think they care more about the problem-solving ability, the learning ability.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2013.

Interview

The first round is a telephone interview. Questions include basic algorithm, data structure, Java and Database.
    After about a week, I got a chance to do onsite interview with four eBay employees, each for about 45 minutes. All of them asked questions about algorithm and data structure. The third one asked more about design patterns.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about problem solving, like describing how a VPN system works.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer (MTS1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2013.

Interview

The position is for big data related platform.
    More than 7-8 rounds for several weeks. One reason is that recruiting manager takes business trip at the beginning. Other local managers/engineers interview me first. Then recruiting managers. BU director at last.

Interview Questions

• design distributed, high performance, fault-tolerant, scaling cache layer   1 Answer

My salary is higher than upper limit in MTS1 level. They cannot make good offer. My boss gave me a raise.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2013.

Interview

I did 2 phone screen with 1 engineer and 1 hiring manager.
    after that there is an on site interview with 5 people including people reporting to you, you peers, and supervisors.
    After you pass this on-site interview, you will talk with US peers.

Interview Questions

• some open question which does not have a clear answer. e.g. how do you handle a large scale system with only 1 database.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not so many negotiation

Data Mining Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied through the posting on linkedin.

1. Initial phone screen from HR.
    2. Phone interview from a team member who asked 3 statistics questions.
    3. On-site interview with four 1:1. 2 managers and 2 team members. Team members asked a mixture of statistics, SQL, and algorithm questions. Managers asked more behavioral. Interview was more laid back than other companies I've interviewed with. Half the session was spent discussing the solution after writing it on the whiteboard.
    4. Final phone interview with senior US manager. Algorithm question on page sequencing.

One thing to note, HR called me one day in advance for the on site interview after 3 weeks have already passed since the phone interview, and then followed up 2 hours later changing it to same day. I didn't mind, but was pretty sure I wouldn't get the offer after the 3 weeks passed. Regardless, ebay's hiring team and interviewers were very courteous and warm. Overall experience was highly enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• For most statistics majors with masters or pHD, the questions should be very straight forward.

Intermediate SQL questions weren't too difficult either.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was a bit low so I countered with a 25% increase and it was accepted.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.