easyJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

easyJet Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at easyJet (Luton, East of England, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was help at the easyjet academy in Luton.
    Interview was set to start at 08:30 but was delayed around an hour due to "technical" faults.
    Their was over 65 candidates on the day...

- Signed in
    - Height was checked
    - Presentation and introduction
    - Group exercises 1/2
    -Lunch break
    - Back to the interview room and around 30 candidates were sent home (including me) No feedback was given we just didn't have the "skills" that they were looking for...
    Was a negative experience overall and would not apply again as the initial judgement was based on group discussions and not what your capabilities are.

Cabin Crew - Gatwick Airport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at easyJet (Gatwick, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online, next day I got sent an email asking me to colmplete 3 different assessments online. The day after that I got sent another email inviting me to an assessment day in Gatwick Airport for two weeks time.

On the assessment day I arrived at Concorde house for 8.15am where I proceeded into the cafeteria.There were assessors in the room watching as soon as you walked through the door. I interacted with some of the other candidates who were also there for the assessment day, we then had to give in a copy of our CV, a copy of our passport, our passport and national insurance which was followed by having our height measured.

We then got taken into a separate a separate room where we were put 4/5 to a table alongside 2 assessors. A brief introduction was given then we got thrown straight into the first activity ‘lost luggage’ which consisted of a range of different clues, with ages, destination, items and names. As a group we had to work together to find out which ones matched up together in a certain amount of time. This was the followed by a presentation about the company and instructions were then given for our 2nd activity which involved us reading a sheet for 3/5 minutes then after discussing with your group what the best options of customer service were for certain types of passengers e.g a 6 year olds birthday, a visually impaired passenger along with others. Straight after this activity we were given another one which involved us ‘revamping’ the easyJet magazine; we had to work as a group to decide what sections were the best to include in the magazine for the company as well as cabin crew. It is important to bare in mind that this whole time the assessors on the same table as you are making note of your performance throughout the activities. The last activity is then given in a short 3 minute presentation.

Shortly after this we got sent for an hours break back in the cafeteria, we then got called back to the room where an assessor said “you’ll now be divided into groups”. My name got called out alongside others, we then got taken into another room to everyone else and that’s when we were informed that we hadn’t made it any further. It was further explained to us that we hadn’t apparently shown a high level of the required skills today and that it shouldn’t prevent us from applying again in 6 months time.

Personally I felt like I had given my best and answered every question possible as well as demonstrating good team work skills. If you’re applying for this job I would be prepared to be let down in the end even if you have performed to your best standards. It seems they are looking for individuals who have a lot of knowledge on the industry already, and some candidates have an advantage on you. This is why I don’t feel like this process is very fair.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at easyJet (Bristol, England) in March 2018.

Interview

After completing the online assessment I was invited to an assessment day. I arrived at about 8am in the hotels reception, and at about 8:30 the easyjet staff took us upstairs to a room where they took copies of our passports and CVs, gave us name badges then measured our height. We waited until everyone was done and then they took everyone into a room with a collection of tables, they randomly allocated people to different tables. I was sat with 5 other people, there were about 30 people there in total probably. They asked what we know about easyjet and gave us a quick presentation about the company’s history.

We started the first group task straight away, we had a series of clues and had to match passengers to their lost luggage. Two assessors were at our table the whole time taking notes on us. After this we had another presentation about working at easyjet.
    For the next group task they moved a couple people around (I noticed the people on my table that got moved didn’t make it to the individual interview but that may have been a coincidence!), and we also had two different assessors. The second task was just a group discussion, we had 5 minutes to read over some scenarios such as a passengers birthday is today or there’s a new type of drink on board, etc, and we all had a chat about our ideas for how this would affect boarding, the inflict service, and arrivals.
    The next task was straight after and we stayed in the same group with the same assessors. We had a list of options for things to put in an inflight magazine, and had to plan what we would include whilst staying within a limited number of pages and budget. We then presented our plan to the assessors on our table.

After this we had a break of about 50 minutes, they called out a few names and those people didn’t make it through, probably about 10 people. The remaining candidates had another presentation, more in depth about pay, training, progression, perks, etc. We then had our interviews, mine lasted probably about 20-25 minutes, with one person asking me the questions and another writing down my answers. It was a friendly chat and then I was free to go home.

Overall it’s a nice day, all the staff are so welcoming and friendly and put you at ease, and look for the best in you.

Interview Questions

• Why cabin crew, what are your expectations for the role?   Answer Question
    • Why Easyjet?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your background and job responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you received bad customer service   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to sell something   Answer Question
    • Imagine you’re on board and a passenger wants to buy something but it’s out of stock, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to manage under time pressure   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at easyJet (Luton, East of England, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Assessment day at 8.30. Better to get there in advance as you will have to go to the cafeteria. It is easier if you turn up in advance so that you can try to be as sociable as possible. Once everybody's there, they measure our height. Then you go upstairs and you start off the day with a brief presentation of the company. You will have 3 group tasks, try to be as involved as possible. The main goal is to work as a team and not on your own. For lunch, you'll have around an hour break. You can eat at the cafeteria. After that, everyone is invited to go back upstairs. Some people will have to say goodbye. If you performed throughout a high standard during the group tasks, you will be offered an interview in the afternoon. It's been a very relaxed interview. They make you feel comfortable as the main point of the interview is to show them your personnality, who you really are and why you would perfectly fit in the company as a Cabin Crew.
    Overall, it is a very fun day where you can meet new people and show the examiners who you really are in a very pleasant atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why cabin crew / why EasyJet / Tell me about your customer service skills etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at easyJet (Gatwick, England) in February 2018.

Interview

assessment day at Gatwick
    The day starts at 8:30. when you arrive you sign in and go to the cafeteria. when you get to the cafeteria talk to fellow candidates as you are being watched from you first walk in to see how you interact with strangers. you get measured and return to cafeteria. once everyone has been measured you are taken upstairs to a room. there are about 8 tables which will contain 4 candidates and 1 or 2 assessors will sit at the table. the first thing is a short introduction from the assessors and a presentation. once the presentation has been completed. you will receive your first task. for this task you have to match customers up with there lost luggage. this involves reading out clues, figuring out the destination they are going to, their age and what they have lost. you are given 15 minutes. in the last 3 minutes you are given 3 clues to help the team out. after this you are given a presentation about Easyjet. the ask the group questions such as where was Easyjet started, what year and what were the first routes, what aircraft they fly (make sure you mention the A320 Neo), who was the previous CEO and who is the current CEO. after this the assessors return to the room and you start your second task. this task is about the ways you would deal with different types of customers and what you would do in certain situations. 2 examples are: its a passengers 6th birthday today, the second one is a disabled customer needs assistance getting on and off the aircraft. you have 15 minutes to discuss it in your group and there are 8 customer scenarios. the third and final group activity is to create an inflight magazine. there is a list of what can go in there and how many pages the section will take up. you are given 10 points and your are allowed 8 double sided pages so 16 one sided pages. for this you have 12 minutes to work as a team and decide. then you must present your idea to the assessor. everyone must speak for this part. during all these activities the assessors are making notes about your team so it is important you interact well. after this you go for lunch. during this time the assessors choose who get an interview. you are taken back into the room and if your name gets called out you get taken to a room with the others and told that you would not be going to the next stage. I did not make it to the interview stage so Im not sure what questions they will ask. overall is was hard but very fun and interesting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at easyJet (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online with personal details and uploaded CV. A few days later was invited to take an online test. This was a lot more difficult than I had expected, answering questions against the clock, which involved lateral thinking, about a theoretical manufacturing company.

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at easyJet.

Interview

Assessment day team building and interviews started off with team building things then had a break, more team stuff lunch then interviews the process can be terminated at lunch if you are not suitable

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at easyJet (Gatwick, England).

Interview

Interview was at 8.30am at gatwick easyjet centre. First comes the registration and they check your height. They took us into a big room and made an introdution of the company and its values and after we did the first group exercise that consist about find the lost luggugage of some pax. After it they gave us more information about the company and then two more group exercise, first one we were given some pax information and we had to disscus about when to serve them and how, and the other was about to create a magazine for the plane.
    Lunch break and after they sent people home. Then they explained conditions of the contract, salary, benefits, all you need to know and finally 2 to 1 interview.
    Don´t worry, try to enjoy the day as much as you can, be yourself, interact with your collagues! The staff was really kind and helpful!

Interview Questions

• Why easyjet?

When did you deliver a great customer service? how?

A time when you have a problem in your job, how did you solve it? Were you congratulated by your boss?

What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at easyJet (Gatwick, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Meet in crew room

Company presentation

Group task 1

Group task 2

- break for lunch -

Cuts

Interview: testing your knowledge of the easyJet brand, the role of cabin crew and competency based questions.

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at easyJet (Gatwick, England).

Interview

I've applied online, after i completed the online tests I've received an email with an invitation for the assessment day.
    The interview started at 8.30 am, make sure you get there earlier!
    First we handed the cv and copy of the passport then we had the height measured.

The assessment consisted of 3 group exercises and if you're successful, the 2:1 interview.
    All group exercises were very straight forward, there's 2 assessors at every table, taking notes and watching how you interact with the group.
    Make sure you are involved in the conversation, keep a positive body language, smile and don't talk over someone.
    They'll move you around the classroom at diff tables, so you interact with different ppl at every exercise.
    After lunch break, they'll send people home. If you hear your name, they'll escort you out and the assessment ended for you.
    Next and final step, 2:1 interview. I know it's easy to say, hard to do, but try to relax and prepare your answers.
    The assessors are wonderful ppl, very relaxed and eager to answer any Q you have.
    Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why easyjet?
      Customer service examples (difficult passenger, complain about a product, time management)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.