Software development engineer Interview Questions in Edinburgh, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Software development engineer Interview Questions in Edinburgh

software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

write a function to find the n-th fibonacci number

2 Answers

Solved using a (overcomplicated) "dynamic programming" recursive method, runtime optimization was in the form of storing partial solutions. Accidentally stated the runtime to be O(n^2) instead of O(2^n), which I assume is where it went wrong. Could also have solved it using a simple for-loop.

public int FibonacciNumber(int n) { if (n == 1) return 1; else if (n == 0) return 0; else if (n < 1) return 0; else return FibonacciNumber(n - 1) + FibonacciNumber(n - 2); }

What are you passionate about?

1 Answer

The design you proposed me seems fine to me, it will probably work. Though, let's imagine that someone comes to you saying he dislikes it and ask you to change it. What do you do ?

1 Answer

What's the difference between abstract class and interface?

1 Answer

How can you write a spelling checker? Which data structure? Why? How do you do the recommendation for wrong words?

1 Answer

They will ask about their leadership principles. I can’t remember which one I got.

1 Answer

I was asked many technical questions, so practise everything! :)

How to design distributed systems to handle the huge amount of requests in Amazon?

Describe how would you design a surveillance system (hardware used, communication protocols, software design etc.)