Financial planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for financial planner

Financial planner Interview Questions

financial planner interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What did I enjoy doing the best in my career to date?

1 Answer

I told them what I enjoyed the most (i.e. Business Partnering in a way to gain analysis to the business drivers). I was told that I would not like the job and did I want to carry on after a few minutes! The interviewer was actually quite rude at this point, saying how I has not read the job spec correctly and that my CV experience did not match the requirements (why on earth did they select me for interview in the first place?). I tried to get back on track, but at that point I was asked if I had any questions (which meant the interview was over). I asked a technical question which was answered, then we terminated the interview. A really nasty experience, I would never go back to CooperVision.

Most technical questions and analytical skills questions mostly found in GSK web site. It took 1 hours for questions and answers

1 Answer

What clients can you bring to us? Essentially they were just looking for existing IFAs to bring their clients to them in order to make money. This was not made clear at the outset

1 Answer

competency based questions. no challenging questions as such. the usual ones you would expect. where do you see yourself? why British gas? what do you know about Birtish gas?

1 Answer

why oath what do you think etc. mostly are reading the requirement from the website.

1 Answer

Would you recommend applying for other finance roles?

1 Answer

Past experience and my interest in their organisation. I went through practical tests on my excel, modelling and financial accounting skills. Presentation was also tested.

1 Answer

I was asked strangely about the benefits of accounting for a subsidary rather than an associate which I didnt know the answer to.

1 Answer

Why MUFG, Why this role, what can you bring to the role, tell me a time when you demonstrated (said competency). quite straight forward and CV/skills based

1 Answer

Explain an investment appraisal framework for a machinery investment and explain discounted cash flow

110 of 37 Interview Questions