Front end engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Front end engineer Interview Questions

front end engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked lots of questions on my experience but specifically they asked: What my current role was like, practices we used, etc? Why I was leaving? How as I with CLI? My understanding of agile processes? Did I use SASS or LESS? And then what style of SASS? How we tested things, and my experience with compatibility and accessibility? How would I mark up anything...? Could I user another header in the article? What micro data do I use? If I had to build a single page site with out JS what would my approach be? How would I structure my resources/assets e.g. SCSS file structure based on my personal preference not e.g. current work requirements? How I ordered my files? With out plugins how would I layout/style a light box, without JS? How would I vertically align it? How would I vertically align rows of content with different height 3 per row in one viewport and another #/row in another viewport (specifically 4)? If I had to show off something I had built in the past what would it be? Current preferred set up?

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What's the difference between call and apply (JavaScript)

1 Answer

How could you improve the performance on X using only Y?

1 Answer

In JavaScript, what is the difference between “var” and “let”?

1 Answer

They asked me about my experience and why I would be suited for the role. They asked me about agency experience and previous companies I had worked for. They asked me some technical questions about the role itself, mostly PHP and WordPress related.

1 Answer

They asked me to re-architect my answer to the JavaScript code I had submitted for the online questionnaire. The code requested in the online test was required to give a very flexible approach to rendering charts. It had already taken me more than 5 hours to do this from scratch, so I found it impossible to do this a second time in a different way. As I mention above they wanted a very specific answer to this, which is roughly what Java did when they built the AWT and Swing.

1 Answer

What build systems are you familiar with.

1 Answer

Quickly write the markup and CSS for a small website design supplied in a picture in 30 minutes.

1 Answer

How do you sync different ajax request in Angular?

1 Answer

What is webpack and why we need to use?