Graduate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Analyst Interview Questions

Graduate analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There are three bags, one contains only red marbles, one contains only green marbles and the last contains both red and green. You do not know how many marbles are in each bag. Each of the bags is incorrectly labelled. How many times do you have to draw to figure out the correct labels of each bag?

5 Answers

One draw

two draws max

Draw one from each bag first (i.e. three in total) - two will be of the same colour. You could get red, green and green, for example. In that case, the bag you drew the red from is red only. Now you need to work out which of the other 2 bags is green only and which is mixed. So then you need to draw one from each of the 2 bags until you find a red - the one you draw the red from is the mixed bag. Therefore, the total number of draws you would need is unknown.

How many street lights would you say there are in the UK?

5 Answers

I can't remember the questions exactly but they were related to your personal skills and experiences and how these link to DLG and they values.

3 Answers

Tell us about about a challenging project that you've done.

2 Answers

Throw two dices, what's the possibility of seeing a five or two five

2 Answers

Q: Assume you want to get from city A to city B. There are three roads you can choose uniformly from. However only one road leads actually to city B, which takes 2 hours. The other two roads end up in city A again and both are 1 hour long. Given that you don't know which road you took, If you return to city A (i.e. you have to choose uniformly a road again), what is the expected time to get to city B?

2 Answers

What skills do you think an analyst requires?

2 Answers

Who else are you applying for

2 Answers

Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?

2 Answers

Let’s play a game of Russian roulette. You are tied to your chair and can’t get up. Here’s a gun. Here’s the cylinder of the gun, six chambers, all empty. Now watch me as I put two bullets in the gun, adjacent to each other. I close the cylinder and spin it. I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. Click. Lucky you! Now I’m going to pull the trigger one more time. Which would you prefer, that I spin the cylinder first, or that I just pull the trigger?

110 of 864 Interview Questions