Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Graduate Engineer

Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

1,533

Graduate engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

Why did you choose this option

2 Answers

They give you a scenario and ask you what things you consider when designing a network for that scenario.

Why do Premier exist?

1 Answer

How is heat turned into electricity?

1 Answer

Aptitude test is rather "interesting" I should say. * !!! You need 75% (%ile) over to pass !!! * There is 3 part (a verbal, numeric and abstract reasoning) Verbal (Not verbal reasoning!), test you bunch of vocabulary meaning and which word is the odd one out. Numeric test test you divison and ratios (again nothing like other graduation online numberical resoning, very simple) A abstract reasoning (Just bunch of picture with dots and square. To me there doesnt seem to have any logic, which I am normally very good at the these type reasoning test) The written test have two question 1. An example to demonstrate attention to detail 2. Write an algorithm/step by step guide for how to install a programe they provide (the is a little bit infomation available)

2 Answers

On the day none! The telephone interview (Ask a few compatancy question like (they specify couple work place or university in my CV and ask me to choose one to talk about): a case of working in a team to develiver project; about communication (cant remember is is dueling with difficult suitation or with diverse audience); about career aspiration)

1 Answer

What type of software the customer have to write in order to utilize your designed multi- threading processor processor

1 Answer

Only technical question they asked was, what influence would they have at the beginning of a building being designed by the architect.

1 Answer

Nothing too difficult. How to verify a string made from "{[()]}" is syntactically correct. With each open bracket being closed before any preceding brackets.

110 of 1,533 Interview Questions