Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

2,083

Graduate engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

Why did you choose this option

2 Answers

They give you a scenario and ask you what things you consider when designing a network for that scenario.

Why do Premier exist?

1 Answer

How is heat turned into electricity?

1 Answer

Aptitude test is rather "interesting" I should say. * !!! You need 75% (%ile) over to pass !!! * There is 3 part (a verbal, numeric and abstract reasoning) Verbal (Not verbal reasoning!), test you bunch of vocabulary meaning and which word is the odd one out. Numeric test test you divison and ratios (again nothing like other graduation online numberical resoning, very simple) A abstract reasoning (Just bunch of picture with dots and square. To me there doesnt seem to have any logic, which I am normally very good at the these type reasoning test) The written test have two question 1. An example to demonstrate attention to detail 2. Write an algorithm/step by step guide for how to install a programe they provide (the is a little bit infomation available)

2 Answers

On the day none! The telephone interview (Ask a few compatancy question like (they specify couple work place or university in my CV and ask me to choose one to talk about): a case of working in a team to develiver project; about communication (cant remember is is dueling with difficult suitation or with diverse audience); about career aspiration)

1 Answer

What type of software the customer have to write in order to utilize your designed multi- threading processor processor

1 Answer

For the video interview there were 6 questions arranged to answer quickly with short intervals to prepare the questions. The questions were quite straightforward competency questions, and from speaking with peers as long as you answer the questions in a clear manner you'll be alright. The questions were often to do with dealing with others i.e. work peers, clients (by not meeting demands, taking accountability for things etc.) The last question, which I remember, has got to do with knowledge of the company. It was phrased in a way making the interviewee an employee of Network Rail for 2 years. As for the assessment centre, you'll have several things on the agenda over around 4-5 hours. Firstly, you'll have a one to one interview which involves safety questions you'll be asked to prepare beforehand. The interview involves several competency questions (i.e. describe you worked within a team, worked under time pressure etc), a technical question which involves the interviewee making design considerations for an improved platform. Afterwards, you'll be placed in groups of 3 or more, where you'll be forced to work as a team to overcome a problem where platform closures occur in a station. You will need to consider the stakeholders and how they'll be affected (i.e. how are customers affected, how are train carrier companies affected). After that you'll be given a one-to-one session to discuss how the group assessment went. Thereafter, the assessments will be finished and the rest of the assessment centre will surround presentations and information on the scheme itself.

1 Answer

Only technical question they asked was, what influence would they have at the beginning of a building being designed by the architect.

110 of 2,083 Interview Questions