Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

1,362

Graduate engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

Why did you choose this option

2 Answers

How is heat turned into electricity?

1 Answer

They give you a scenario and ask you what things you consider when designing a network for that scenario.

2 Answers

You are waiting for a piece of information from a colleague to complete your work but he is no where to be seen and the deadline in imminent. Your boss asks for the work, what do you do?

1 Answer

Some tricky engineering questions in technical interview

Biggest achievement?

1 Answer

Jet Engine: the inlet temperature of the turbine is 50 degrees hotter than expected. What could be the reason for that and what would you do to find out where this variation comes from?

1 Answer

I was presented a list of questions and I could pick one. What makes our products save?

1 Answer

All the technical questions on magnetrons and ccd which I had not covered in any of my courses as it was materials.

110 of 1,362 Interview Questions