Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Interview Questions

9,284

Graduate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

Why did you choose this option

2 Answers

Let’s play a game of Russian roulette. You are tied to your chair and can’t get up. Here’s a gun. Here’s the cylinder of the gun, six chambers, all empty. Now watch me as I put two bullets in the gun, adjacent to each other. I close the cylinder and spin it. I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. Click. Lucky you! Now I’m going to pull the trigger one more time. Which would you prefer, that I spin the cylinder first, or that I just pull the trigger?

2 Answers

How is heat turned into electricity?

1 Answer

Why did you apply to the Corporate Communications role and not another?

1 Answer

How did you find the transition from A-Level to Uni?

1 Answer

Questions around Social and Economic justice will test your morale's and feelings toward certain issues. Be prepared for that. They are looking for thinkers and people who obviously support the company mission. Don't treat this as an interview per-say. Treat it as if you was having a conversation with a friend.

1 Answer

Why do you want to be an X

1 Answer

In your own words, describe what Steria does

1 Answer

You are posed with a question and asked for the solution. For example, person wants to send an email and nobody ever gets it.

110 of 9,284 Interview Questions