Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Graduate

Graduate Interview Questions

12,387

Graduate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

What is the price of gold

2 Answers

Let’s play a game of Russian roulette. You are tied to your chair and can’t get up. Here’s a gun. Here’s the cylinder of the gun, six chambers, all empty. Now watch me as I put two bullets in the gun, adjacent to each other. I close the cylinder and spin it. I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. Click. Lucky you! Now I’m going to pull the trigger one more time. Which would you prefer, that I spin the cylinder first, or that I just pull the trigger?

2 Answers

Why did you choose this option

2 Answers

How is heat turned into electricity?

Achieving goals

1 Answer

For the video interview there were 6 questions arranged to answer quickly with short intervals to prepare the questions. The questions were quite straightforward competency questions, and from speaking with peers as long as you answer the questions in a clear manner you'll be alright. The questions were often to do with dealing with others i.e. work peers, clients (by not meeting demands, taking accountability for things etc.) The last question, which I remember, has got to do with knowledge of the company. It was phrased in a way making the interviewee an employee of Network Rail for 2 years. As for the assessment centre, you'll have several things on the agenda over around 4-5 hours. Firstly, you'll have a one to one interview which involves safety questions you'll be asked to prepare beforehand. The interview involves several competency questions (i.e. describe you worked within a team, worked under time pressure etc), a technical question which involves the interviewee making design considerations for an improved platform. Afterwards, you'll be placed in groups of 3 or more, where you'll be forced to work as a team to overcome a problem where platform closures occur in a station. You will need to consider the stakeholders and how they'll be affected (i.e. how are customers affected, how are train carrier companies affected). After that you'll be given a one-to-one session to discuss how the group assessment went. Thereafter, the assessments will be finished and the rest of the assessment centre will surround presentations and information on the scheme itself.

1 Answer

Questions around Social and Economic justice will test your morale's and feelings toward certain issues. Be prepared for that. They are looking for thinkers and people who obviously support the company mission. Don't treat this as an interview per-say. Treat it as if you was having a conversation with a friend.

1 Answer

Why do you want to be an X

1 Answer

In your own words, describe what Steria does

110 of 12,387 Interview Questions