Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Interview Questions

6,088

Graduate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Challenges in the role.

3 Answers

Hi, I have a telephone interview with URS next week. Could you tell me what technical questions they asked you please? Thanks.

It depends on the position you are being interviewed for, in my case it was the graduate civil engineer position and I dint have a telephone interview. But from general experience, most telephone interviews are competency based - so I would suggest you prepare for these alongside the technical. For the technical, most coy ask basic questions - like definition of ULS and SLS,their check criterias,basis of structural designs, BMD and SFD,

Mine is also for a graduate civil engineer position. Thanks for the reply.

Why did you choose this option

2 Answers

Let’s play a game of Russian roulette. You are tied to your chair and can’t get up. Here’s a gun. Here’s the cylinder of the gun, six chambers, all empty. Now watch me as I put two bullets in the gun, adjacent to each other. I close the cylinder and spin it. I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. Click. Lucky you! Now I’m going to pull the trigger one more time. Which would you prefer, that I spin the cylinder first, or that I just pull the trigger?

2 Answers

technical questions to build a modelling

1 Answer

None of the questions were overly difficult. General competency based questions.

Greeks stones delivery

1 Answer

The telephone interview was competency based. I was asked to provide examples of times where I had demonstrated competencies such as learning and researching, analytical thinking and creative or innovative thinking. The face to face interview on the assessment day was also competency based but less rigid in structure. I was given the opportunity to discuss projects at the Wellcome I found exciting.

1 Answer

Spent ages focusing on and wanting to know other places I'd applied to and why.

1 Answer

Why do you think you are suitable for this job?

1 Answer

Tell me what has been happening in the news lately

110 of 6,088 Interview Questions