Graduate mechanical engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate mechanical engineer Interview Questions

graduate mechanical engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Quite a lot of materials based questions. Scenario involving a compressor, gearbox and drive train, questions about repairs, downtime, fault detection etc etc. next scenario was regarding a pressurised cylinder, more materials science with a bit of fluid dynamics mixed in. Fault detection again.

1 Answer

I thought the interview went well but i missed one question on fatigue stress which the feedback stated was why i didnt progress. Two engineers conducting the interview were young and very nice, it was extremely disappointing i did not progress.

What is the primary mode of heat transfer for a radiator?

1 Answer

what do you know about tata steel? why mechanical engineering

1 Answer

Presentation: What are the key issues facing environmental and building services engineers?

1 Answer

Can you describe parts of this jet engine?

1 Answer

The interview involved someone from HR and a senior engineer. All generic HR questions (sometimes read from a piece of paper) that you can find online and only about two technical questions. One was to describe a drawing that they had printed and the other one was related to something I mentioned in one of my projects. However, since not all candidates had the same interviewers on the day, this was just from my own experience.

Tell us about an Interesting project Hoare Lea have worked on

1 Answer

No difficult questions, questions were more to get you to think. Basic understanding of the different names of plastics and their forming processes, as well as an idea of home Dyson products work (like the cyclones). Demonstrate an understanding of basic mechanisms also.

1 Answer

Is there anything you would like to tell us?

1 Answer

Explain how fluid flows in a pipe in terms of Energy

110 of 195 Interview Questions